Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Looking to upgrade from my og xoom. Really want a smaller tablet, dont care if wifi/3g/4g. Would like rootable and ICS if possible.

So far looking @xyboard 8.2 and samy galaxy tab 7.7
Right now im finding the samy cheaper. Never had a samy product. What are your thoughts?

I can

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have been looking at tablets as well. I'm leaning towards the Xyboard 8.2. I have been told that development is slow, but all in all its a pretty sweet tablet. DDX has one if you have any questions. I am positive that he will answer any that you may have on the Xyboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Only prob i see with xyboard 8.2 is battery life n no sd support... although i thought i read there was sd support.. not sure.

Posted Image

#4 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I got my daughter a Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus for Christmas.. that thing is awesome... so smooth and stable...hasn't froze once since new..amazing battery life and faster and scrolls way better than my razr...only time my RAZR came close was when I was running eclipse 1.3....its getting ICS....although I don't know when... I'd buy one in a heartbeat over an xyboard.... which I've tried.. its a slug next to the Samsung and very bulky next to it...this is coming from a Motorola guy....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Raw dodge, is it lte? Have you rooted it? Im really leaning towards the sammy, never thought id say that lol.

Posted Image

#6 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wifi only... that's all I wanted her to have at 16..she has a phone and text plan....its bone stock...no need to root it....screenshots are in the stock Sammy skin! Also the cameras are decent ESP for a tablet...

#7 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

what about the transformer prime? im shopping for one and i like to go top notch on electronics. my parents also want one. they have low standards and a cheap budget. any recomendations here?
a what? an android? whats that?

#8 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

For sure go with the transformer infinity,.their newest, best tablet.

I want one so bad.

:-D :-D

#9 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

A friend of mine has a transformer prime. It's a lot more responsive than my Acer A500 (I realize quad core vs dual). Asus was much faster with keeping up with updates to Honeycomb with their first tablet compared to Acer with the A500. I would get an Asus Transformer Prime if I were looking to get another Android Tablet right now. Google is working on a Nexus tablet with Asus but I don't think I've seen any official announcement for a launch date. As far as a tablet for parents, I got my mom an iPad2 a few weeks ago (on sale for $360). She loves it.

Edited by etrorteepe, 23 April 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#10 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Infinity looks nice, but really want a smaller tab for my needs. Wonder if they will have a smaller version?

Posted Image

#11 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Why not a My Tablet 7 from Xtex? Comes stock with ICS, rooted out of the box, and according to a few people that have talked to their reps, unlocked bootloader. $150

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#12 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

That's why i love transformers, they ate by far the fastest company when our comes to updates, cheap, extremely good specs, and the bootloader comes unlocked our of the box.

The new transformer infinity looks rad.

:-D :-D

#13 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Having a Xoom as well I can tell you my next will be an Asus! My buddy picked up a prime. After playing with it for a few minutes I could have swore my wallet started getting a little warm! Lol. In all honesty the best way to tell is go take a look at the ones you're interested in. Its all user opinion! I feel the best way to form an opinion is using it.

#14 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Purchased the Asus Transformer Prime the week it was released... Best tablet BY FAR at the moment. Got it rooted, ROMed, overclocked, and its running smooth as ever. With the keyboard dock it's like a mini laptop computer.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#15 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Should I get the 300 now or wait a little for the 700 to cone out? And is honeycomb a tablet only OS? And how come?

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends. :)
a what? an android? whats that?

#16 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Ya pretty sure honey is tab only, as it was specifically made for tabs and will not function well on phones. As for me n my tab needs I'm still waiting and looking. Hoping some nice 7 r 8 inch tabs are on the way.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users