Photo

ROM Manager for Unlocked Maxx HD

Best Answer KaChow , 08 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Has anyone tried the ROM Manager App with an Unlocked Razr Maxx HD?  I used to use it daily on my OG Droid back in the old days.  Just curious.

ROM Manager doesn't fully support our device, yet, or most likely ever. Though it does support the Photon. If you have a custom recovery already either TWRP (suppose to work) or CWM then it will work with the Recovery. The only benefit that I saw from ROM Manager, is that you can set auto backups. Still have to flash ROMs in Recovery, so not really sure what the point of ROM Manager is.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mattock

mattock

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone tried the ROM Manager App with an Unlocked Razr Maxx HD?  I used to use it daily on my OG Droid back in the old days.  Just curious.

#2 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I use Rom Toolbox, I like it better than rom manager ;)

#3 DanFlow707

DanFlow707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Neither of them have any Roms but the toolbox is definitely more useful, it's not easy to find the Roms...

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:59 PM   Best Answer

ROM Manager doesn't fully support our device, yet, or most likely ever. Though it does support the Photon. If you have a custom recovery already either TWRP (suppose to work) or CWM then it will work with the Recovery. The only benefit that I saw from ROM Manager, is that you can set auto backups. Still have to flash ROMs in Recovery, so not really sure what the point of ROM Manager is.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#5 mattock

mattock

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

K. Thanks for the input

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod