Photo

Piture message issue (won't send)

Best Answer sherri , 05 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

This fixed my MMS issue. Someone else posted this at another forum. Hope it helps.

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Select phone info....scroll to network and select LTE/CDMA/Evdo and exit back to home screen.

Reboot.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2 Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ohschnapps

ohschnapps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy SIII (brother's)

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey guys,

OK. So I'm running Evolution JB version 1.81 on my Razr Maxx, in case the ROM has something to do with this.  Everything on this ROM is perfect and runs smoothly, except for my text messages.

Sometimes I will send a text and it will just sit at "Sending..." and not go through.  Sometimes they will actually send (the person i am talking to will respond to the message even though the phone says it is still trying to send my message out), and sometimes it will actually sit there and just not send the message for hours.  If I reboot the phone it will usually make them go through or produce a "message not sent" error at which point I just re-send and hope for the best. Kind of annoying to do over and over, but whatever.

I mention this because it may be related to my current problem.  I have been having an issue sending picture messages.  There IS an MMS problem with this ROM, but we have discovered a workaround for THAT problem.  This is different. 

I will try to send a picture message and it will have the "Sending..." notification next to it, but it will not send.

I tried:

1) Rebooting the phone

2) Turning off data and turning it back on

3) Turning on WiFi then turning it off

4) Turning off the phone and removing SIM card for 30 seconds

E) Sitting somewhere with good cell reception (4G with 3+ bars, which is RARE in my house)

Nothing.  I don't know why I can't get it to go.  This happened the other day as well with a different picture, and it went through two days later.  Also, I don't seem to have any issues with RECEIVING pictures, and pictures DO send out without any issues most of the time.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Moved to 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Reason: Non-Emergency

#3 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:36 PM   Best Answer

This fixed my MMS issue. Someone else posted this at another forum. Hope it helps.

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Select phone info....scroll to network and select LTE/CDMA/Evdo and exit back to home screen.

Reboot.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#4 ohschnapps

ohschnapps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Moved to 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Reason: Non-Emergency

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that section was for emergencies only.

Dial *#*#4636#*#*

Reboot.

WTF is that!? Android has so much more going on than I can even begin to fathom. I did it, it's rebooting now... let's see what happens. What exactly does that option do? Does "preferred network" make the phone look for those types first, or exclusively?

I'm sitting in my basement with 1 bar, and 1x symbol. I'll go upstairs where I might get better reception.

Is changing that setting going to affect my service in any way?

BTW, that picture message is still attempting to send.

• tucstwo likes this

#5 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

No idea what it is, but it definitely worked for me. Let us know if it helps.

And yes, Android has a lot going on. Couldn't even begin to imagine how the awesome developers do it.....just glad they do!

Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#6 ohschnapps

ohschnapps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Update: message is still "sending." Harumph. I even tried re-sending, no dice. Very strange...

Oop, I just realized that the "preferred network" reset to the default option after i restarted the phone. Hmm

#7 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Update: message is still "sending." Harumph. I even tried re-sending, no dice. Very strange...

Oop, I just realized that the "preferred network" reset to the default option after i restarted the phone. Hmm

That's normal.  It will always revert back when you reboot.

#8 ohschnapps

ohschnapps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

well then what's the point of rebooting if its going to revert back?

BTW, the message finally sent.  Oddly enough, my outgoing picture went through when someone else sent me a picture.

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that section was for emergencies only.

It's all good. Not everyone reads through all the stickies and rules, etc and people learn the ins and outs with time. But if you would please, in the future, we try to keep the "Help" forums for HELP!!! Situations. Come to think of it, you just gave me a good idea! :) Hope everything works out for you with your MMS

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users