19 replies to this topic

#1 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

What are your thoughts? I'm not quite sue what i think, i really don't see a ton of changes.

The one thing my conspiracy-loving brain does notice is that they went from a very neutral white theme to a beige theme, most likely to get more people to buy custom themes haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:-D :-D

#2 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Is it worth the purchase?

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Is the interface the same

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

The interface has a new look, but functions the same from what I've seen so far. I personally think Tapatalk is worth the money.

#5 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

For me, notifications are working much better now! Also, was able to unsubscribe from a thread from within the app, which os very nice - if I remember correctly, we couldn't do that before either? Otherwise, I haven't noticed a ton of other changes (yet).

#6 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

For me, notifications are working much better now! Also, was able to unsubscribe from a thread from within the app, which os very nice - if I remember correctly, we couldn't do that before either? Otherwise, I haven't noticed a ton of other changes (yet).

I was able to subscribe/unsubscribe with the old app but it seems to work better now. I have been using the red themed app since it came out so I can't say much about the normal tapatalk app itself. It has a few slight cosmetic changes from previous versions. All in all I am enjoying it so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

The droidrzr forum doesn't play very nicely with this app. Then again it didn't seem like it worked right with the older app either. If I go to Favorites then Topics, there are threads in there that I'm not subscribed to. Other than that it does seem like it works a ton better. I agree with SoLongSidekick though, I think the "blah" scheme is a ploy to get us to buy themes lol. However, now that I have the apk, I can easily theme it myself. Which I think will be my project tonight!

#8 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

I've never had (or heard of anyone having) any issues with this forum specifically, and I didn't have any issues with v1 at all either. But I have notifications turned off so I can't comment there.

I definitely consider it worth the price. It makes browsing, posting, logging in, and pretty much everything else easier vs a browser. For example, both logging in and viewing an attachment (picture) opens up a Java window that really doesn't cooperate well with mobile devices. It's basically the same idea as 'Reddit Is Fun', there's no major issues with browsing the site normally. The app just makes it way easier via an interface designed for small screens.

Even with my Transformer (which I'm on now) I find myself using Tapatalk more often than Dolphin when logging on.

Shameless promotion for Tapatalk v2 on some mobile device

#9 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

But this new ugly-as-hell color scheme is pushing me dangerously close to actually buying a theme.

Attached Files

#10 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I've never had (or heard of anyone having) any issues with this forum specifically, and I didn't have any issues with v1 at all either. But I have notifications turned off so I can't comment there.

I definitely consider it worth the price. It makes browsing, posting, logging in, and pretty much everything else easier vs a browser. For example, Logging in and viewing an attachment (picture) opens up a Java window that really doesn't cooperate well with mobile devices. It's basically the same idea as 'Reddit Is Fun', there's no major issues with browsing the site normally. The app just makes it way easier via an interface designed for small screens.

Even with my Transformer (which I'm on now) I find myself using Tapatalk more often than Dolphin when logging on.

I would have to agree with ya. If you are part of this or any other forum, tapatalk is almost a must have. There is no doubt that its worth the price. I have paid for the standard app as well as the red xparent version which I am always using. Love this app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

But this new ugly-as-hell color scheme is pushing me dangerously close to actually buying a theme.

If you happen to be running a red theme, and have purchased the app. I'm themeing it red right now and will have it done in a few hours.

#12 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Love xparent red.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#13 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Here is the inverted look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#14 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Here is the inverted look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Update your su binary ...

lol I dig the inverted look. Probably gonna try that. Not too fond of the orange and beige. Looks like a bad MIUI color scheme

[ sent from _base2 ]

#15 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Update your su binary ...

lol I dig the inverted look. Probably gonna try that. Not too fond of the orange and beige. Looks like a bad MIUI color scheme

I actually have been trying to but get a error so I gave up for the night lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#16 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I can't send PM's....along with other things

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#17 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Any for everyone who reads this. visit tapatalk.com and register and download the beta to try! Its free

I have not tried to send a PM since the update. I was able to do it before though so now I wonder if I still can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#18 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I want to chime in and say that i also have issues with my subscribed topics with this forum and tapatalk. I have a bunch of threads I've never seen before in my subscribed tab and no threads that I've actually subscribed to are listed there. It also doesn't save my position in any threads. RootzWiki and droidhive do work correctly though.

#19 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Any for everyone who reads this. visit tapatalk.com and register and download the beta to try! Its free

I didn't see any beta version on their site.

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#20 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Sorry they changed it. updated it and block normal. only for there devs. now :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D