Photo

Deleted SS stock slot

Best Answer matjmonk , 08 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

I have been reading and sifting through the thread and when you say "your best bet would be to FXZ using JB, reroot" are you saying that after I get JB on I will need to reroot using the exploit method in ubunta?  No windows exploit yet??

Thanks!!!!   :D 

No windows method is possible due to the nature of the exploit. One of the folks in the community came up with a very simplified method of running Linux and the exploit. You can find the information here:

http://www.droidrzr....ock-jelly-bean/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSLC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm running JB 4.1.2 but have deleted my SS stock slot so I can't uninstall SS to get back to the unsafe side.  I need to get my phone back to stock only. ICS or JB is ok but I can't have SS showing when it boots.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  I not getting the house of bionic thread, like is there a way explained in that thread on how to get my JB phone back to stock???

Thanks,

Marty

#2 projektorboy

projektorboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:manicsocratic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Would it help if you had a SS311 backup of Stock Rooted JB to put back in the stock slot? Try to restore from this and let me know how it goes.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSLC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Would it help if you had a SS311 backup of Stock Rooted JB to put back in the stock slot? Try to restore from this and let me know how it goes.

Thanks I'll give it a go and let you know.

#4 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSLC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Does these steps look correct?

1. Flash this stock JB in stock slot in ss

2. Uninstall ss

3. Boot to unsafe side

4.?  (See below)

What do I do to get stock ICS back on the unsafe side so I can get JB OTA?  (I flash the JB update last week and it has errors).

Thanks so much!!

Marty

#5 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Does these steps look correct?

1. Flash this stock JB in stock slot in ss

2. Uninstall ss

3. Boot to unsafe side

4.?  (See below)

What do I do to get stock ICS back on the unsafe side so I can get JB OTA?  (I flash the JB update last week and it has errors).

Thanks so much!!

Marty

You can't go back to ICS from JB due to the changes in security, I'm thinking that your best bet would be to FXZ using JB, reroot and then reinstall SS again. Below is a link to a comprehensive guide on how to FXZ:

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#6 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSLC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

You can't go back to ICS from JB due to the changes in security, I'm thinking that your best bet would be to FXZ using JB, reroot and then reinstall SS again. Below is a link to a comprehensive guide on how to FXZ:

Thanks so much !!   I'll give it a go.

#7 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSLC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

I have been reading and sifting through the thread and when you say "your best bet would be to FXZ using JB, reroot" are you saying that after I get JB on I will need to reroot using the exploit method in ubunta?  No windows exploit yet??

#8 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:19 AM   Best Answer

No windows method is possible due to the nature of the exploit. One of the folks in the community came up with a very simplified method of running Linux and the exploit. You can find the information here:

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users