3 replies to this topic

#1 ratamacue

ratamacue

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Since the JB update breathed new life into our phones, I decided to blow $19(!) on a new desk dock and car dock. Unfortunately, my Bionic won't recognize either one. It will charge, but will not enter the appropriate mode. This of course is on bone stock (rooted) JB 4.1.2.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Uninstall updates to Google Play Music (The most recent update broke dock modes)
2. Disable/enable Google Play Music
3. Clear app data: Desk Dock, DockComm, Vehicle Mode. (Motorola Dock Helper Service and Motorola Dock Service "clear data" buttons are greyed out.)
4. Reboot/extended battery pull on phone and recycle power on docks
5. Attempt to dock in Safe Mode
6. FDR (shortly after the JB soak test OTA went out) and again very recently.
7. Went to the local VZW store where they had a working desk dock and webtop dock. When placed in the webtop (which uses HDMI, I realize), everything worked as it should. In the desk dock, nothing (except of course that the phone started charging).

A poster on a different forum had this issue crop up immediately after doing a fastboot back to stock 246. I didn't purchase my docks until after the JB update, so I have no way of knowing for sure when this issue began. I did FXZ to stock 246 ICS with RSDLITE before the update, and given the experience of the other poster it sure looks as if something during that process breaks the ability of the phone to recognize the docks.

Any suggestions?

#2 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

My car dock is recognized about half the time. I worked around this by using smart actions, if you set a trigger for car dock then use your car app it'll work, for my alarm since i only use that dock at night i set a charging anywhere and set the time as a trigger.

#3 linuxgator

linuxgator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:linuxgator
  • Google+:linuxgator
  • LocationNorth Central Florida
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

The car dock sometimes has an issue with the connector getting pushed down into the dock and not getting a clean connection. It could possibly occur in the desk dock too.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#4 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

make sure you don't have some other app as the default action when dock is detected. you can always use triggers as suggested (maybe even check smartactions?)

pro tip: if car dock trigger doesn't work, you can use magnetic field sensor for non HDMI docks lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users