#1 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing custom kernels for the CDMA Razr and ICS.

#2 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

you forgot to credit [mbm]

#3 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

you forgot to credit [mbm]

Fixing now. Good Catch.

Fixed

#4 kaplac

kaplac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

I like this.

in the OP it says some CDMA phones were having issues. Who has been successful with this solution?

#5 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

uh...I am so linking this to that other thread on here where everyone had their panties in a twist complaining about kholk....
Posted Image

#6 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

I already did. Before this thread was posted.

#7 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Just noticed that....installing it now...on the ICS leak, we'll see how it goes (I know it was meant for stock GB 173...but I'm risky like that lol)
Posted Image

#8 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

They should have released that here first, considering that is part of the agreement involved with any of our Razr winners.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#9 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

They should have released that here first, considering that is part of the agreement involved with any of our Razr winners.

Normally dont get to involved in this sort of matter, but i must agree..

O well, its out, all that matters. Good job kholk and mbm!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#10 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Normally dont get to involved in this sort of matter, but i must agree..

O well, its out, all that matters. Good job kholk and mbm!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Kholk won that Razr from us. Part of the agreement in that contest is that when a developer receives a device from our site, which our members (and many of our staff) put their money out to pay for, they will release their work on Droidrzr.com first. This gives us a small period of exclusivity, to thank us and our members for buying them a device at retail cost. Kholk has released this on their site, expressly requesting that anyone who reposts will post a redirect rather than a direct download link. Personally, I am not thrilled with this behavior.

But, I am speaking for myself here, so if I've pissed anyone off, please don't direct your anger at DR.

Edited by NattyBee, 15 April 2012 - 06:10 AM.

• rinzes, The Kid and kaplac like this

#11 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Just noticed that....installing it now...on the ICS leak, we'll see how it goes (I know it was meant for stock GB 173...but I'm risky like that lol)

It's a GB kernel, why are you installing it on ICS... There's a 0% chance of it working

#12 POQbum

POQbum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NEIN
  • Google+:NEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

It's not ready for the CDMA RAZR yet, he just released what he had now because so many people were complaining.

But I give him major props for all his and his teams work, this is awesome progress. Hope to see the CDMA issues get fixed soon :D

#13 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Kholk won that Razr from us. Part of the agreement in that contest is that when a developer receives a device from our site, which our members (and many of our staff) put their money out to pay for, they will release their work on Droidrzr.com first. This gives us a small period of exclusivity, to thank us and our members for buying them a device at retail cost. Kholk has released this on their site, expressly requesting that anyone who reposts will post a redirect rather than a direct download link. He has been silent here since winning & receiving his free razr. Personally, I am not thrilled with his dishonest behavior. But, I am speaking for myself here, so if I've pissed anyone off, please don't direct your anger at DR. Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

NattyBee it already is on DR... like an hour within putting on his personal forum. Calm down o_O
  • kholk likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#14 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Why on earth would getting credit, verbal credit, take precedence over the fact that something cool actually happened that could benefit everyone? How much $#!+ could get accomplished if it really didn't matter who did it?!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#15 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Please tell me if I am wrong but didn't Kholk get a Cdma Razr? This was in development on the Gsm Razr long before he ever received his phone from DroidRzr. This doesn't even work as of yet on the Cdma razr. Not sure how it could be bound by the terms of any agreement he may have with DroidRzr. Also, AFAIK, [MBM] didn't enter into this agreement. The fact that he posted it here first after his own blog should show some good faith I would think.

If he did receive a gsm model then plz consider my opinion 'partially' invalid :)
  • mattlgroff, kholk and The Kid like this

#16 djvalic

djvalic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:djvalic@hotmail.com

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

If this could be used to bypass the Boot loader couldn't this be used to boot a dev Kernel/bootloader or is that what the other non booting CPU protecting? I don't think the DEV kernel source was released on the source forage site so that might be a problem ;)

#17 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Please tell me if I am wrong but didn't Kholk get a Cdma Razr? This was in development on the Gsm Razr long before he ever received his phone from DroidRzr. This doesn't even work as of yet on the Cdma razr. Not sure how it could be bound by the terms of any agreement he may have with DroidRzr. Also, AFAIK, [MBM] didn't enter into this agreement. The fact that he posted it here first after his own blog should show some good faith I would think.

If he did receive a gsm model then plz consider my opinion 'partially' invalid

Yes he received a CDMA Razr from us, and so far he has been unable to get KexEx to work on it. He is looking for more CDMA devices to test it on as he only has one. So if you feel like helping with the development try it out and send him the results. I'll go find the chatlog from last night and post his direct instructions.

Shameless promotion for Tapatalk v2 on some mobile device

:-D :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users