hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Everything was working fine until I flashed CM10.1 I thought it was a bug in the ROM. However today I flashed Dead Rage. No auto orientation, compass won't work, etc. When I went from CM10.1 to Dead Rage, I used utility 1.2 option 1 to get back to stock first.

And suggestions on how to fix it or and idea of how much $$ I need to have is fixed is much appreciated!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#2 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Everything was working fine until I flashed CM10.1 I thought it was a bug in the ROM. However today I flashed Dead Rage. No auto orientation, compass won't work, etc. When I went from CM10.1 to Dead Rage, I used utility 1.2 option 1 to get back to stock first.

And suggestions on how to fix it or and idea of how much $$ I need to have is fixed is much appreciated!

When you were on straight stock, did you have the issue?

And...what happened on cm 10.1 vs Stock vs DeadRage?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#3 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I didn't check. I wasn't on stock long, and didn't really try and do much set up. However, it is working now. Not sure what exactly got it going (for now at least). I was trying to find a solution, chasing kids and trying to weed the garden.

I know this:

1) Sensor Tester was getting no readings. Absolutely nothing!

2) I used ROM Toolbox to find the "Movement detection" app and wipe data.

3) Installed "Quadrant Standard" and saw it was finding all sensors.

I'm not sure if there was a reboot between 2 and 3. However, after 3 I noticed it was working. I was preparing to do a fastboot to 4.1.2 with RSD Lite to see if that would help.

However, I was meticulous going from CM10.1 to DeadRage. This is what I did:

1) Boot recovery (TWRP), mount everything, wipe everything 3x
2) Boot fastboot, flashed option 1 in RAZR M Utility 1.20
3) Booted phone and let it settle 10 min.
4) Setup gmail account, rebooted twice
5) Powered off, booted recovery, mounted everything, wiped everything (including internal memory) 3x
6) Rebooted recovery, mounted everything, flashed DeadRage
7) Booted, let settle 10 min, set up gmail, rebooted 2x
8) Added apps and normal use.

It wasn't until this evening that I started customization.

• neckchop likes this

#4 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

I didn't check. I wasn't on stock long, and didn't really try and do much set up. However, it is working now. Not sure what exactly got it going (for now at least). I was trying to find a solution, chasing kids and trying to weed the garden.

I know this:

1) Sensor Tester was getting no readings. Absolutely nothing!

2) I used ROM Toolbox to find the "Movement detection" app and wipe data.

3) Installed "Quadrant Standard" and saw it was finding all sensors.

I'm not sure if there was a reboot between 2 and 3. However, after 3 I noticed it was working. I was preparing to do a fastboot to 4.1.2 with RSD Lite to see if that would help.

However, I was meticulous going from CM10.1 to DeadRage. This is what I did:

1) Boot recovery (TWRP), mount everything, wipe everything 3x
2) Boot fastboot, flashed option 1 in RAZR M Utility 1.20
3) Booted phone and let it settle 10 min.
4) Setup gmail account, rebooted twice
5) Powered off, booted recovery, mounted everything, wiped everything (including internal memory) 3x
6) Rebooted recovery, mounted everything, flashed DeadRage
7) Booted, let settle 10 min, set up gmail, rebooted 2x
8) Added apps and normal use.

It wasn't until this evening that I started customization.

The reason I asked was I was trying to find out where the problem began. Sounds like you did everything right. Let me know if it comes back.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#5 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks.

I was being super careful, that is why I assumed it had to be the sensors that were bad. I'm hoping it doesn't come back!

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

If it does it again, you can use the ##PROGRAM hidden menu to see if your sensors are working.  SPC is 000000, then go to option 6, "Test Mode."  It will run through several screens, one being GPS.  This will keep you from having to download all those apps.  Just be careful in the ##PROGRAM menu because you can do a lot of stuff in there. 

• neckchop, hillmom and timpohladthomas like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#7 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

If it does it again, you can use the ##PROGRAM hidden menu to see if your sensors are working.  SPC is 000000, then go to option 6, "Test Mode."  It will run through several screens, one being GPS.  This will keep you from having to download all those apps.  Just be careful in the ##PROGRAM menu because you can do a lot of stuff in there. 

Wow. That was something new to me. :-). Thanks for sharing. Definitely a place to be careful in. I felt like a bull in a China shop poking around in that menu. Lol
  • hillmom likes this

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Wow. That was something new to me. :-). Thanks for sharing. Definitely a place to be careful in. I felt like a bull in a China shop poking around in that menu. Lol

Yeah, I only ever use it to take a look at the GPS stuff.  I'm scared to touch anything else. 

• hillmom likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#9 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

I know when I opened it up, it freaked me out a bit. A lot if things that I have no business messing with!

• neckchop likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users