12 replies to this topic

#1 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Does anyone know why in the world Moto would route the external SD card to /sdcard-ext instead of the standard /sdcard on the Razr? It causes some annoying issues with a lot of apps because files that would normally be written to the SD card are instead saved to internal memory. Does this bug anyone else, or am I just being anal?

Shameless promotion for Tapatalk v2 on some mobile device

:-D :-D

#2 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

I think it is pretty stupid as well. There is a zip that will fix this but it will screw up everything already installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

yea, it kills me when rom toolbox saves all my app and script backups to internal, then bloop theyre gone. id have so manyscripts but they always disappear.

#4 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

i agreee ANNOYANCE!!!!
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#5 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Many apps give you the ability to specify the "save" location. You can go in & change it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've yet to find one (that I use anyways) that I cant change more than just the folder name.

Shameless promotion for Tapatalk v2 on some mobile device

#7 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

those many apps that allow it also have to be manually change after every wipe. ex rom toolbox backups, go launcher backups, browser download save locations, gameloft. i cant even trust that selecting "save to sd" will actually put it on one or the other.

#8 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I think they do it for stability reasons, a internal sdcard is faster and more reliable than even a top end class 10 card. On the earlier generation android phones they would eat through sdcards, then be really unstable without it.....

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Its a little annoying but i agree iys for stability and i believe it has to do with the mapping, boot sequencing etc etc

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I use MyBackup Pro. It defaults backups to the external sd and default reads from external. UI is very user friendly as well.

#11 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

What else would you call the map it to? If you are trying to get a majority of programs that need to be compatible and only use the sdcard for extra storage not to be accessed the way that it was..

And i would agree with them.. my RAZR is by far more stable than my x and x2 and I've never lost a picture like I have with my x.. where it can't save to the sdcard for whatever random reason.

#12 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think they do it for stability reasons, a internal sdcard is faster and more reliable than even a top end class 10 card. On the earlier generation android phones they would eat through sdcards, then be really unstable without it.....

Interesting...

Its a little annoying but i agree iys for stability and i believe it has to do with the mapping, boot sequencing etc etc

Well I trusted it before you mentioned it, now I don't know if I can trust the info... :D :D

Well let's just say by some weird coincidence David is right, why doesn't every manufacturer just make /sdcard-ext the standard?

#13 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Interesting...

Well I trusted it before you mentioned it, now I don't know if I can trust the info...

Well let's just say by some weird coincidence David is right, why doesn't every manufacturer just make /sdcard-ext the standard?

They might be headed that way. On my wife's HTC rezound the external SD card is listed as sdcard_ext with an underscore instead of a dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users