#1 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

I have the RAZR maxx running the official JB OTA, rooted, Safe strapped, and most of the bloat on then phone frozen. I had been running an alternate ROM for a while, the switched back to stock. A couple of days later, everything on my phone received an FC message: from system UI to notification tray to my launchers, both stock and Nova. Afterwards, the only thing left was my lock screen, which unlocked to a black screen. A reboot did fix it.

Has anyone else had this happen before, and what might have caused it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I havent seen or heard this before I dont think. I also havent switched back to Stock in a very long time either.

Cant hurt to try a cache and dalvik wipe...

#3 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I have the RAZR maxx running the official JB OTA, rooted, Safe strapped, and most of the bloat on then phone frozen. I had been running an alternate ROM for a while, the switched back to stock. A couple of days later, everything on my phone received an FC message: from system UI to notification tray to my launchers, both stock and Nova. Afterwards, the only thing left was my lock screen, which unlocked to a black screen. A reboot did fix it.

Has anyone else had this happen before, and what might have caused it?

Probably you should Un-Freeze your Bloatware Apps...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Not sure what may have caused it (probably just a glitch while switching ROM's ) ..... to hopefully prevent it from happening again , boot into safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik cache on the stock side...... its always a good idea to do that when switching between ROMs :)

tapadriving...... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Not sure what may have caused it (probably just a glitch while switching ROM's ) ..... to hopefully prevent it from happening again , boot into safestrap and wipe cache and dalvik cache on the stock side...... its always a good idea to do that when switching between ROMs :)

Question,

Doesn't Freezing Bloatware going back to Stock cause the Issue he's Having?

The Norm going to Any New ROM is to Wipe Caches and Data when switching to Any New ROM...

Just Caches when Switching to or Back to a ROM in Safestrap ...

Curious tho with Bloatware?

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Question,

The Norm going to Any New ROM is to Wipe Caches and Data when swithing to Any New ROM not just Caches...

Freezing bloatware can cause that..... just switching back to stock ROM you shouldn't need to wipe data (that's the same as FDR) .... just cache and dalvik usually is sufficient.....

Now flashing a new ROM is different.... then you would want to wipe data and system and caches on that ROM slot (not stock) :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

I

Question,

The Norm going to Any New ROM is to Wipe Caches and Data when swithing to Any New ROM not just Caches...

Freezing bloatware can cause that..... just switching back to stock ROM you shouldn't need to wipe data (that's the same as FDR) .... just cache and dalvik usually is sufficient.....

Now flashing a new ROM is different.... then you would want to wipe data and system and caches on that ROM slot (not stock) :)

:p
Thought of that just after I fired off that Post...Switching from one Hard ROM to another is a Data wipe...

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#8 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Question,

:p
Spending to much time on the Safestrap part of Town...Time for change up to New ROMs

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#9 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Bloatware frozen = anything labeled VZW that I could freeze, and for good measure, a couple of the preinstalled things because I didn't want, say, "NFL mobile" running/asking for updates.
In Safestrap, I just activated my stock slot again, and everything FC'd a couple of days later. I decided then to just FDR the whole thing because JB seemed buggier than ICS, and since then I haven't had any issues with anything on here.

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#10 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

I never wipe cache and dalvik when just switching from one rom slot to another.  It's one thing to flash a new rom.  It's another when just switching between the roms you have installed.  If you switch from a custom rom back to the stock rom, the dalvik cache and cache that are on the stock rom (or any other rom you're switching to) are restored with the rom.  Just as they were when you left that rom.  Shouldn't be any need to wipe them.  I've done it this way since SS came to be and have never had a problem.  If however, I flash a new rom, well, then it's a given.  Wipe both cache's.  Just my two cents worth.  :)

#11 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Bloatware frozen = anything labeled VZW that I could freeze, and for good measure, a couple of the preinstalled things because I didn't want, say, "NFL mobile" running/asking for updates.
In Safestrap, I just activated my stock slot again, and everything FC'd a couple of days later. I decided then to just FDR the whole thing because JB seemed buggier than ICS, and since then I haven't had any issues with anything on here.

Its not ICS or JB...reread the process and you'll find that its "Nothing but Net"...meaning its User errors ..
I know, I've been their to many times my friend...

Chow

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users