867 replies to this topic

#61 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

I'd like to request a feature for the next builds. The car home fix for 4.2. This is broke in android 4.2 but fixed in both AOKP and CM10.1.

#62 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

What is the car home fix, exactly?

#63 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Sorry for not explaining myself. Basically when a car home app is running on pre 4.2 software, tapping the home button from any screen would bring you back to the car app. They removed this from 4.2, so that when you tap on home, it takes you to your default launcher's homescreen, essentially exiting the app. Basically renders all car home apps useless. 

However this was added back in CM10.1 and AOKP, and possibly others.

#64 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

That's all too easy to do in this rom - There are two ways you can do this:

1. Get Apex or Nova Launcher from the Play store. just assign that action in ROM Settings... since we've got Car Home included in this ROM, all you have to do is go to, say, Nova settings/Gestures and Buttons/Home Button... then slide right to the Apps tab and select CarHome.

2. In ROMSettings in your phone's settings, you can set a long press of the Home button to activate Car Home as well.

Of course, there are multitudes more options than this... you can set up a program like Tasker to automatically bring up your car home when you dock....etc.etc..

#65 rocketeer55

rocketeer55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Seems like my notification LED has stopped working after install this ROM... It was working the first night I installed it, then I noticed today when I got a text message there was no light. I tried testing the LED in the settings page, but that didn't work either (yes I turned off my screen). Any suggestions?

#66 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Actually, you are the first to complain about NOT having a notification LED... most I've seen are complaining about it showng up.

First the usual question - did you do a clean flash (wipe/flash)?

#67 rocketeer55

rocketeer55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Haha. Yea I did a complete factory reset or whatever (deleted EVERYTHING from internal memory), and therefore installed the rom from my SD card.

-Thanks for the quick response, by the way :)

#68 rocketeer55

rocketeer55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

The LED does however turn on when it's charging (Even though the "Enable LED while charging" toggle is off).

#69 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

The Sound Search widget doesn't work with this rom.  Tried it on both the 5/13 and the 5/16 build and all I get is "Oops, request failed.  Retry?"

#70 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

gps seems to take a little long to lock on...while it does eventually lock on, it's just slow at doing so...otherwise this is a pretty solid rom...also, not really a necessity as i can do it manually, but when under settings->rom settings->gen. ui->custom boot animation...when selecting the zip to change to rom settings crashes

forgot to mention: clean flash...does the fix for the other roms work for this, where you flash back to a rom where you get a good lock and then flash this over the top?

#71 rocketeer55

rocketeer55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Realized I wasn't on the latest version, so I updated to the latest version (5-16) and the LED notification is still not showing up...

#72 JuggaloSkitzo

JuggaloSkitzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey guys,

For some reason my sim won't really work on this ROM no idea why tryed changing all I could in settings it just ain't happening.. :( it sucks because the ROM feels awesome!

#73 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hey guys,

For some reason my sim won't really work on this ROM no idea why tryed changing all I could in settings it just ain't happening.. :( it sucks because the ROM feels awesome!

Do you know how to send me the contents of your /system/etc/vold.fstab file?

• JuggaloSkitzo likes this

#74 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

gps seems to take a little long to lock on...while it does eventually lock on, it's just slow at doing so...otherwise this is a pretty solid rom...also, not really a necessity as i can do it manually, but when under settings->rom settings->gen. ui->custom boot animation...when selecting the zip to change to rom settings crashes

forgot to mention: clean flash...does the fix for the other roms work for this, where you flash back to a rom where you get a good lock and then flash this over the top?

GPS kind of depends where you are sometimes, try it in different environments. Have always had a good lock while driving.

Will check out the boot animation feature.... if you see it multiple times, please send over a logcat.

I wouldn't really advise a dirty flash with a different ROM.... dirty flashes are the cause of probably 80% of most users' complaints about a new ROM. But if you want to experiment, back your stuff up and give it a try.

#75 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

The Sound Search widget doesn't work with this rom.  Tried it on both the 5/13 and the 5/16 build and all I get is "Oops, request failed.  Retry?"

Yep, just found out this is a kernel issue. The kernel issues may be a little slow in working out, because not a lot of people have that kind of expertise... but it's being worked on! Will add to the known issues.

#76 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Is there a way to unblock ads on this rom? There are a few sites I go to that just don't function correctly in the stock browser or Chrome and I'm pretty sure it's because of the blocked ads.

Sent from my Xenon Razr Maxx HD

#77 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Everything works on AOKP? Camcorder too?

Just fyi everything does not work on AOKP. It was my daily driver until development stopped. Camcorder doesn't work and gps is not reliable (maybe because the build is UK based?) And there is no option for turning off led charging light. Other than that it is rock solid.
Side note:i would totally use this ROM as my dd if Wi-Fi tether worked.

#78 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Just fyi everything does not work on AOKP. It was my daily driver until development stopped. Camcorder doesn't work and gps is not reliable (maybe because the build is UK based?) And there is no option for turning off led charging light. Other than that it is rock solid.
Side note:i would totally use this ROM as my dd if Wi-Fi tether worked.

We're working on the tether as we speak.... Arham (our lead) says he has a possible fix :)

Regarding GPS, I have not had any problems with it in any rom, including AOKP and this ROM. I'm definitely in the US..... I've even had it lock on indoors.

Camcorder definitely does not work on any cm- and aokp msm8960-based ROMS yet.

#79 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Re. ad blocking:

That's easy - delete the /etc/hosts file.... but do you REALLY want to do that??

Adblocking is simply assigning all of the qualified host names of ad providers to 129.0.0.1 (localhost).. nothing more.

• animez likes this

#80 JuggaloSkitzo

JuggaloSkitzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Do you know how to send me the contents of your /system/etc/vold.fstab file?

Yep, can I paste the contents via a different ROM? Would it matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users