BamDastard

SuperScooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Asus Transformer Infinity, Droid RAZR M

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

Are your APNs showing up under settings?

No, but have never had to set it before.  I have since flashed to V13 and have nothing in APNs, but MMS messages are sending fine.

#802 BamDastard

BamDastard

SuperScooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm going off memory here as to where it's located, so forgive me if it's not exactly where I think.  Did you enable root?  It's disabled in 4.3 on a lot of roms.  I think you go to settings>build number>tap it 7 times and developer options are enabled under settings.  I believe root access is in there, you just have to enable it.

Yes, it is enabled for apps and ADB.

#803 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

No, but have never had to set it before.  I have since flashed to V13 and have nothing in APNs, but MMS messages are sending fine.

V13 is awesome man.  I've only had the mms problem on one 4.3, but manually inputting them seemed to fix it temporarily, though it never survived a reboot.  Another weird workaround is to reboot then get to the APN list before the radio connects.  For some reason they all show up if the radio hasn't connected yet, but disappear after it does. Tick the one you want and all will be well until the next reboot, which requires the same action.  I haven't found a perm fix for it yet, but if I do I will surely pass it along.

#804 bjoostema1933

bjoostema1933

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx /Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yes, it is enabled for apps and ADB.

Have you tried flashing chainfire's su?

#805 BamDastard

BamDastard

SuperScooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Have you tried flashing chainfire's su?

Yup.  Flashed the binary alone with no change, then installed the superuser app over top. Same.

#806 pieareround

pieareround

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm going off memory here as to where it's located, so forgive me if it's not exactly where I think.  Did you enable root?  It's disabled in 4.3 on a lot of roms.  I think you go to settings>build number>tap it 7 times and developer options are enabled under settings.  I believe root access is in there, you just have to enable it.

Thank you.  Going into developer options and changing root access from Apps only to Apps and ADB fixed my root problems.

• JJT211 likes this

#807 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Thank you.  Going into developer options and changing root access from Apps only to Apps and ADB fixed my root problems.

I was having the same prob....This fixed it!

#808 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.... fixing on working out the wrinkles in the release. A lot of bug fixes coming shortly....

As JJT reiterated, you need to go to developer options and activate root in the menu there.

#809 darrenbanks_mk

darrenbanks_mk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationsouth Ga
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Very clean, feature packed ROM. Just too buggy for my liking. System UI crashes too much for my taste. Active Display could use a bit more, too. Only real complaints. I guess I'll stick with my lovely 4.3 based slimbean rom til something else grabs my eye.

#810 runinpoop

runinpoop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I just installed the 9/29 update, and my phone has a constant yellow notification light. It's not pulsing, it's just on. What can I do?

I've rebooted my phone, wiped system then reinstalled the update, I've played around with all of the notification light settings, but it's still doing it.

Edit: Duuuuhh, never mind, it was just charging. I feel dumb haha. Where can I change these settings?

Also, MMS is not working for me

#811 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lots of fixes in RC2 upcoming tonight.

- rebased frameworks

- fixed Tethering

- Added some more stuff back (including Pie and some other randomly cool features)

Still in progress:

- working on fixing MMS

- data may not come back on when wifi is turned off . Workaround - toggle airplane mode on then off.

- Persistent charging notification light (gah!)

XT926 should be tonight or tomorrow, XT925 and MB886 tomorrow or Thursday.

• Gytole likes this

#812 runinpoop

runinpoop

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

How would I go about changing the notification light color to one person? I tried setting the custom app to contacts and selecting that specific person, but it keeps flashing the default color.

#813 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I'm having one really annoying issue, the phone wont accept defaults.  If I have another home launcher or more than one browser it will always pop up asking me which one to use. I select whatever choice and i always have to press it twice before it accepts it but even if I select always use it will ask me again when I launch whatever called that app. So for my launcher it always asks whenever I hit the home button. Im on the 10-15 version

• Warrior732MN likes this

#814 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'm having one really annoying issue, the phone wont accept defaults. If I have another home launcher or more than one browser it will always pop up asking me which one to use. I select whatever choice and i always have to press it twice before it accepts it but even if I select always use it will ask me again when I launch whatever called that app. So for my launcher it always asks whenever I hit the home button. Im on the 10-15 version

I had the same issue. I wanted to use Nova and it was doing the same thing. My solution; use a file explorer and go to system -> app -- delete onager.apk. reboot problem solved.

One problem I am having is I cannot get Bluetooth to turn on. I'm on the 10/15 build, fresh install, wiped everything. I press the button and it moves to on (staying grey) and then back to off.

#815 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I had the same issue. I wanted to use Nova and it was doing the same thing. My solution; use a file explorer and go to system -> app -- delete onager.apk. reboot problem solved.

One problem I am having is I cannot get Bluetooth to turn on. I'm on the 10/15 build, fresh install, wiped everything. I press the button and it moves to on (staying grey) and then back to off.

I have an issue with Bluetooth too, it is on then off. ALso I dont know if it was mentioned (28 pages is tough to go through) but data and wireless randomly shut off

As for the default issue it's not just the launcher, it's any app default.  I was going to do an SBF to stock and reinstall but seems like Im not the only one. I'll try flashing an older version and see if that helps

#816 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Looks like I'm going to have to give this a try.... Its been a while and welcome back! :)

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#817 Zameus

Zameus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Flashed for the first time and did a full wipe factory reset and flashed the rom and gapps 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. I'm now getting "unfortunately android keyboard (aosp) has stopped". I've done some research and several posts indicate using wrong version of gapps. However, according to this 

i'm on the right version. Any help? Thanks!

UPDATE: So I wiped everything and started over again. This time I just flashed the ROM and verified that the aosp keyboard is working! So it appears gapps is causing the KB to crash. I'll download gapss 

again. /crossing fingers

UPDATE2: That was it. corrupt package.

#818 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

I hope mms gets fixed soon =(

#819 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm having one really annoying issue, the phone wont accept defaults.  If I have another home launcher or more than one browser it will always pop up asking me which one to use. I select whatever choice and i always have to press it twice before it accepts it but even if I select always use it will ask me again when I launch whatever called that app. So for my launcher it always asks whenever I hit the home button. Im on the 10-15 version

Known issue - the workaround is to use the alternative default picker, found in ROMSettings. We'll tackle that one for next release.

• Warrior732MN likes this

#820 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Bluetooth was a major problem with RC2 and will be fixed (at least in theory) in RC3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users