8 replies to this topic

#1 Synux

Synux

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I recently tried the ICS leak and all was well except it just wasnt what axiom has been for me so I took it back stock .744 and up to current and just rooted. I havent gotten rid of any bloatware or anything, its purely stock just rooted. Yet now if I leave 4g on and go through my day to day with it I find it sometimes goin from its usual 27C to 40C even under just maybe a few minutes of browsing on 4g or 3g. Can anyone think of any reason why its doing this and never has before? Also of course when it heats up the battery life goes to crap, I can watch it go from 98% ticking down 1% every few minutes.

#2 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

That is odd, especially since Axi0m is just an AOKP port and the ICS leak comes with a new kernal designed for the Razr by Moto.

I don't have any advice, but when ICS actually comes out you may want to keep a close eye on it. You may have a defective device, I think that is unlikely but I can't think of anything that would make just your device do that on a kernal built for this device by the company that made it.

:-D :-D

#3 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

I recently tried the ICS leak and all was well except it just wasnt what axiom has been for me so I took it back stock .744 and up to current and just rooted. I havent gotten rid of any bloatware or anything, its purely stock just rooted. Yet now if I leave 4g on and go through my day to day with it I find it sometimes goin from its usual 27C to 40C even under just maybe a few minutes of browsing on 4g or 3g. Can anyone think of any reason why its doing this and never has before? Also of course when it heats up the battery life goes to crap, I can watch it go from 98% ticking down 1% every few minutes.

I have the same problem on the leak. It tends to occur when I am on the web downloading something. it gets really bad when I dl a rom directly to the phone. I installed ES Task Manager to try and shut some things down when it occurs or just do a reboot. I am not sure how to solve it so anyone have a suggestion?

#4 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Did you check to see whether or not you have an app with GPS running all the time?

#5 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Restore back to stock wipe all data let the battery die
fully charge it power it on..
from here you need to make sure that you have gps powered off and cdma ONLY selected.. if its still doing this you need to take it to verzion because the battery may be bloating
and could cause some serious issues
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#6 Synux

Synux

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Its really if i just browse or use maps alot... ive had it for 2 months but it used to not heat so quickly or well highest i ever saw even when tethering for awhile was 34C

#7 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

maps uses gps and gps does cause the phone to heat up rapidly
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#8 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Remember the new leak comes with a new radio.

#9 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

My phone (with the ICS leak) gets hotter than previously. It feels like it did when it was new, before the first official 173 update.

Worse than that, my phone has powered itself OFF three different times. Once was overnight which is not good for me for several reasons.

On the way to work today, I had it in the moto car dock, using the navigation with traffic display - and out of the blue I notice (after maybe 10 minutes at the most) it was powered down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users