3 replies to this topic

#1 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

While driving my daughter back out to her mother/school in Lancaster county, PA, I saw '4G' for the radio. "Woohoo!", I thought. 4G has blossomed out from Philly, through my native Chester County, all the way into Amish-town, USA. On my trip back home, back to 3G. Damn. 4G comes out west to Paoli, jumps Chester County proper, and picks up again in AMISH Country!!!! I guess us in strip mall laden Philly suburbs rate less than electricity-shunning, horse-n-buggy driving farmers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

While driving my daughter back out to her mother/school in Lancaster county, PA, I saw '4G' for the radio. "Woohoo!", I thought. 4G has blossomed out from Philly, through my native Chester County, all the way into Amish-town, USA. On my trip back home, back to 3G. Damn. 4G comes out west to Paoli, jumps Chester County proper, and picks up again in AMISH Country!!!! I guess us in strip mall laden Philly suburbs rate less than electricity-shunning, horse-n-buggy driving farmers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Some Amish communes here in Indiana have electricity, satellite dish and all.

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Unless you are talking the extremely 'true to the old ways' Amish like the Swartzentrubers cellphones are generally allowed for business use. A lot of times they have to take advantage of a few loopholes, for example being allowed to have electricity in your place of business (work shop, job site, store, etc.), but not your house.

It could very well be that the signal is traveling further through Amish Country rather than being targeted at them. The lower density of users, lack of tall buildings, and general lack of interference probably greatly enhances the covered range compared to near strip malls.

#4 MOlaxer1126

MOlaxer1126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Some Amish communes here in Indiana have electricity, satellite dish and all.

then thats not amish people, there called rednecks.
  • The Kid likes this

headstrong_lacrosse_club.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users