Photo

How To Export Contacts In A Vcard File (Or Anything Else That Works) To Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aki93

aki93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Motocast only rolls with outlook/windows mail, it says. I don't roll with these, I just need a backup file for my contacts. so far it seems only possible to export this to sd card, but how to do this to computer? motocast isn't particularly helpful on this it seems.

#2 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

You should be able to export your contacts straight from GMail(PC based)... all of your contacts are synced to there as well..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Click menu soft key while in contact and export to vcard file. Use this to import anywhere except VZW. I just did this with lotus notes.

#4 aki93

aki93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the replies. I know I can sync with my google account but that's exactly what I don't want: I don't want google to know everything about me.

#5 aki93

aki93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Click menu soft key while in contact and export to vcard file. Use this to import anywhere except VZW. I just did this with lotus notes.

When I'm there and press menu it gives me: add contact, display options accounts, manage contacts, share name cards and more (my info/settings). If I go to manage contacts it allows me to export but only to SD card. I just want to export to phone/pc. or just wirelessly sync with motocast ( I thrust motorola more with my data than google..)

#6 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

You can sync with Motocast but you need the "Motorola PIM sync for PC" app from the market. I use this to sync with Thunderbird.

In your "Accounts" section in system setting you can turn off sync for Google and all other apps.

#7 aki93

aki93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thx! I also use thunderbird. I downloaded that app prior to this thread, but how do I configure it to sync with thunderbird? the app doesn't show in my app menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users