• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi, I am kind of new to the whole ROM installation process and rooting in general. I was running the official version of Jelly Bean on my original Droid Razr and I rooted my phone. I accidently installed CyanogenMod over my Stock ROM. I have ROM Stock 1 filled in with a ROM and it works fine, however when I activate the Stock ROM the phone doesn't turn on. I made a restore (I use SafeStrap) for the stock ROM before I did anything, however when I try to restore it it doesn't seem to work at all. Please help me unbrick my phone :(

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Give some more details Markos.

Phone Model, carrier, country would be helpful

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well.... IMO the simple answer is "nuke and repave" :) ..... meaning use Matt's utility (if of course you are on a RAZR (xt912) that is :))

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(All-In-One!)
And wipe out the phone and re flash JB :) there MAY be another option (if there is I hope someone will step in :))

Edit..... if you are going to use this utility.... please please make sure you are fully charged before using ..... since you said your ROM slot 1 boots fine.... boot into it and charge to 100% :)

tapadriving...... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

What Hillbilly said if your an xt912. :)

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

If you've messed with your stock slot at all, usually your best bet is to do what John suggested. But as CMH says, more info would help.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, Ive seen too many ppl post in the wrong place so was just double checking....his IP is in VA so probably safe advice :)

#7 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Or.... since you have a rom on slot 1 and it runs.... just leave it. 

I am still on the Christmas JB leak on my stock side. I have JB.16 stock ROM on slot 2 and CM on slot 1. 

I am doubtful I will ever boot back to stock side. (And it won't boot anyway without re-flashing kernel to JB .08) 

Unless we see another update... which is unlikely.... I plan to leave it this way. RAZR is probably near the end of life for support upgrades anyway. I plan to keep as is till I upgrade(replace) the phone at some point. 

#8 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sorry, what other info do you guys need? I have an original Razr (not Maxx) from the U.S. I'm sorry I don't know the difference between xt910 and xt912. And if I use Matt's utility method, will that update me to the original stock version? Like if I ever want to unroot will I be able to?

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

go to About Phone in Settings and take a screenshot or tell us what it says

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

And matts utility is probably fine :)

#11 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

And matts utility is probably fine :)

Yes Matt's utility will update you to stock and you'll be able to root again.
When you ran the backup restore, did it complete with no errors, or if it did what were they? When you try to boot to stock, what happens?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#12 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Sorry, what other info do you guys need? I have an original Razr (not Maxx) from the U.S. I'm sorry I don't know the difference between xt910 and xt912. And if I use Matt's utility method, will that update me to the original stock version? Like if I ever want to unroot will I be able to?

Yes the utility will update you to the latest JB , root, and safestrap .........
basically the difference between 910 and 912 is carrier..... the 910 is gsm and the 912 is CDMA

If you are on Verizon then you have a 912 and the utility is perfect for you :)

jhf.png

#13 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

@livinginkaos is restored quite quickly actually, way faster than I would expect it to, and there were no errors at all. When I go to book in stock, the Motorola sign appears, then SafeStrap, and when I hit continue it just shuts off and doesn't proceed to the loading screen. I have to hold down the power button for a while until it r71estarts itself

@cmh714, I believe I am an XT912 from what it says in the System Version in my settings

#14 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

so before you resort to reflashing, try to wipe cache and Dalvik and see if that works.

Otherwise get Matts tool that Hillbilly posted, plenty of help here :)

• livinginkaos likes this

#15 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

So I tried to wipe cache and Dalvik and it's still not starting up in Stock :( I guess I might as well use Matt's Utility. However, I can't seem to find the actual file we need to download on the link posted...

#16 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

here ya go:

#17 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

That was the link for the zip opener, however I do not have the actual file I need to unzip. Unless I am missing something here, I'm sorry I am very new to all this and kind of panicking right now :(

#18 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Click the grey download button, the others are ads.....

64.35KB   13 downloads

• ridoo likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#19 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

That was the link for the zip opener, however I do not have the actual file I need to unzip. Unless I am missing something here, I'm sorry I am very new to all this and kind of panicking right now :(

No need to apologize :) .... that what we are here for.... :) and hey, we were all new to all of this at one point too :)

Just relax.... don't panic..... like I said earlier, just make sure you are charged before running the utility.... if you have any doubts or questions please ask :) we will help you out the best we can :)

jhf.png

#20 Markos96

Markos96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thank you so much :) just to clarify, whenever I finish Matt's Utility and flash the Jelly Bean, if I unroot my phone will the stock ROM be completely identical to the actual nonrooted one? I'm just worried in case something happens to the phone so when I take it to Verizon I can unroot it and my warranty won't be violated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users