Photo

What Phone Would You Have If Vzw Carried It? Or What Other Phone Interests You?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Okay, first of all the Razr is probably my most favorite phone to date, with that said I also had a Galaxy Note at the same time and I'm positive I would switch to that in a heart beat if VZW carried it.

Let me preface that I'm a tech junkie and have had numerous tabs and phones. I love tabs but find it cumbersome to carry two devices. The Note fills this role perfectly. At first I was put off by the 5.3" size but you get used to it. Much like the Razr is hard to hold b/c of it's blocky thinness, but again I got used to that.

I had a blue/black international Note and used Straight Talk pay as you go and had great service with it. W/ that said nothing beats VZW's 4G/LTE and my unlimited grandfathered data plans.

The s-pen is cool for a bit but I didn't find myself using it. Development and accessories are through the roof for it. Yes touchwiz sucks but man w/ custom roms and kernels the sky is the limit. Just on stock rooted touchwiz alone I was getting Quadrant scores close to 7k....Exynos chips really do hold their own.

The screen was just as good as the Razr's with a few color banding flaws here and there, but you really really had to look for them.

One thing I noticed is how slippery the phone gets which I would recommend an SGP case or a skin that covers the whole phone. Also SGP (my favorite screen protector company) has numerous options of protectors for the screen. Extended batteries exist also but w/ all the custom kernels you would have to be a seriously heavy user to not get a good solid day of use out of it (that would probably change with 4g however).

But there, I said it, I would leave the Razr for a Note.

You can check my sig to see what phones I've had. Nothing new or upcoming is really grabbing at me. The One X or XL w/ no removable memory really is a huge disqualifier for me even though it's a beautiful phone. The SGIII sounds more and more like it's the same transition from the SGII that the I4 was to the I4S, nothing monumental. The Moto Fighter/Vanquish/RAZR HD/Whatevertheydecidetocallit has a 720P screen upgrade and loses the capacitive buttons, nothing mind blowing. Quad cores also don't excite me much when the only battery life they safe is while the phone is idle and most Android Apps are not optimized for quad core.

So again, the Note would be my next phone if VZW carried it. I sold the Note a bit ago and find myself really wishing I hadn't. It's the one phone/device I really miss out of all the tabs and phones I've had prior.

ETA: I always keep coming back to Moto phones b/c of their build quality and radios. No one can touch them currently where they stand. Sammy phones (minus the Note) have always felt cheap to me (a far cry from how I feel about their tablets), and HTC phones have always had issues for me, namely getting stupid hot and crappy battery life (although Sense to me is the classiest overlay vs Touchwiz and Motoblur).
Posted Image

#2 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

I want the note.

#3 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Prob the note or the One X(L).

#4 tkc122

tkc122

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

I am waiting for a Moto note-like phablet. I am pretty sure Verizon won't carry the Gnote but will ask it's favorite phone maker to build one. I could also see Moto stuffing in a 5000 mah battery in one of those

#5 xiogua

xiogua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

I would love to get the One X.

Sent from my Axiom [R]azr

#6 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Definitely the One X. Killer hardware and unlockable bl. All kinds of win.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[ sent from _base2 ]

#7 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I have the Razr Maxx and really like it. The bigger battery lasts more than a day and the extra thickness makes it easier to hold than the standard Razr.

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm perfectly happy with the RAZR although I would like a Maxx instead. Definitely do NOT want a phablet.

#9 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I heard the iPhone is pretty cool

#10 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

LOL

[ sent from _base2 ]

#11 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

You should be banned lol

#12 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

You should be banned lol

But you can't dunk the iPhone in water right? Lol

#13 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

How about not even the iPhone 4s... but the original iPhone... I heard you can make PHONE CALLS and stuff!!

*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#14 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

How about not even the iPhone 4s... but the original iPhone... I heard you can make PHONE CALLS and stuff!!

That's just crazy talk!

#15 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

you guys and your iphone crap get 'outta here lol.

The one X/XL sounds good on paper but man they're having quite a few issues with it. A note like phone built by moto would be pretty awesome, minus locking the bootloader. If they made a 5.3" Xyboard/Phone I would definitely jump on that.
Posted Image

#16 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

you guys and your iphone crap get 'outta here lol.

The one X/XL sounds good on paper but man they're having quite a few issues with it. A note like phone built by moto would be pretty awesome, minus locking the bootloader. If they made a 5.3" Xyboard/Phone I would definitely jump on that.

How bout the white iPhone?

#17 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

How bout an iphone in the shape of the unicorn that projects rainbows?
Posted Image

#18 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

How bout an iphone in the shape of the unicorn that projects rainbows?

If Apple released it, people would still flock to buy it no matter the ridiculousness. But seriously, if not the Razr i would have the Nexus, because of the unlocked bootloader. MOTO makes some solid phones though, i'm looking forward to their next big release after the "razr" line-up.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#19 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

If Apple released it, people would still flock to buy it no matter the ridiculousness. But seriously, if not the Razr i would have the Nexus, because of the unlocked bootloader. MOTO makes some solid phones though, i'm looking forward to their next big release after the "razr" line-up.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

yes indeed! Agreed! Just wanting my retinal like kind of screen on next phone. I have to admit I like the Beam as it projects 50" display to wall.. sweet idea!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#20 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:minnbrewer
  • Google+:veldy71

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I would love to get the One X.

Sent from my Axiom [R]azr

+1