9 replies to this topic

#1 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

hey all

my basic ICS is .211 based, on top i installed this JB dual boot utility when it was on leak based JB kernel

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

been using triple core rom that was leak based a couple of months may be more back

Now i wanna move on , justy saw that every rom is based on JB OTA kernel now , i want to install a utterly debloated and optimized JB rom based on JB ota kernel

Though i have asked this already , but i just couldnt get that right so plz help

1.. How should i upgrade my JB dual boot with JB ota kernel so that i can use JB ota based roms

2.. If i am able to update the JB dual boot utility from 1 , i would like to install a thoroughly debloated, and optimized Rom on my razr , which has battery friendly performance ( the idle drain is too much on this phone :(  since ICS days )

3.. If there is not a stock debloated rom , then plz suggest me something which is more or less near to stock look yet hightly battery efficent and optimised

god bless

regards

#2 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

dredd, dual boot back to ics, take the OTA & you are set; get djrbliss' root exploit in razr Development forum to root

also check out Matt's utils if you need to get back to ics stock, & for JB- his WinMacLinux all in one util there in Development section also

Rage is a very good & stable JB ota based rom, but check out the rom forum here & see for yourself…

Good luck!
  • lord dredd likes this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#3 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

Thanks a lot mate

sent from my NOTE II, yupp size does matter.

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

Be sure to disable/remove safestrap first.  If you want a clean start you could always fxz straight to JB.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hmmm how about I flash the latest jb dual boot utility by keeping rage rom. In sd card and then flashing the ota kernel and flash rage rom?

#6 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hmmm how about I flash the latest jb dual boot utility by keeping rage rom. In sd card and then flashing the ota kernel and flash rage rom?

That will work. If you do that you can always go back to the leak kernel if you want.  If you flash the OTA kernel and a rom based on the OTA, it's the same as if you went through the update.  You really don't have anything to lose doing it this way.  Just remember that if you should ever want to boot back to your stock rom for some reason or another, you'll have to flash the leak kernel again in order for the stock side to boot.

• lord dredd likes this

#7 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

That will work. If you do that you can always go back to the leak kernel if you want.  If you flash the OTA kernel and a rom based on the OTA, it's the same as if you went through the update.  You really don't have anything to lose doing it this way.  Just remember that if you should ever want to boot back to your stock rom for some reason or another, you'll have to flash the leak kernel again in order for the stock side to boot.

Thanks for the help.
My stock is still ICS. 211 so I guess I ll need to flash the ICS kernel to boot back to stock.?

Regards

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the help.
My stock is still ICS. 211 so I guess I ll need to flash the ICS kernel to boot back to stock.?

Regards

Really man after reading this thread you are gonna go through a hassle with all this kernel jumping and possibly get yourself in more trouble. Just use

utility. You can go right to fresh JB, root and install safestrap with it. Then just load up Rage from your sd. You'll be fresh on your stock side and already on the JB OTA Kernel ready for Rage...  :)

• johnthehillbilly, livinginkaos, lord dredd and 1 other like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 lord dredd

lord dredd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Really man after reading this thread you are gonna go through a hassle with all this kernel jumping and possibly get yourself in more trouble. Just use

utility. You can go right to fresh JB, root and install safestrap with it. Then just load up Rage from your sd. You'll be fresh on your stock side and already on the JB OTA Kernel ready for Rage...  :)

Thanks mate !!!

just did it all and am on exactly the same structure as you had advised

and it was so easy :)

god bless

regards

• Memnoch73 and livinginkaos like this

#10 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com