• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone out there was using a stereo BT headset, and if so what make and model (pros/cons)? I'm currently in the market for a good replacement for my Moto S10 HD (2 nd pair I've owned, and by far the worst).

So far the three that have peaked my interest as possible replacements:
JayBird Freedom 3 :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Plantronics BackBeat Go :

Novero Rockaway :

USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#2 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I have an older pair of the backbeats... the only issue I've had was with the way they're supposed to fit. Ive tried everything possible and they just wont stay in! But those look to be completely different. In a good way!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I was not a fan on the bulkiness of the original Back Beats. Like you, I didn't like the fitment. As for the new BB Go's, the only real issues I've read about them is the cord length and ear gel/foams.
I'm leaning towards the Novero Rockaways more though. They look capable of sustaining what I'll be using them mostly for (running, working out, or just rocking to go tunes).

#4 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Well I use

. This way i can used what ever head phone and or external speakers....even hook it up to my surround sound. And its great access for controlling your music while riding a motorcycle.

Dont know is this is completely different than your looking for...but I have use the same one for the past 3 years. Just replace the head phones when they break/tear

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#5 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Had a Street2 when it first came out, and it was terrible. Kept loosing connection and the mic was very subpar when in call. Returned it after three days. Loved the design though.

#6 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

I see your options all are in ear bud style (which I personally hate) I bought a pair of best buy brand headphones (rocketfish) and I've been extremely happy with them:

They are inexpensive, if that is a factor for you.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#7 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

I see your options all are in ear bud style (which I personally hate) I bought a pair of best buy brand headphones (rocketfish) and I've been extremely happy with them:

They are inexpensive, if that is a factor for you.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

After trying a wide variety of headphone types, I find I like the secure fit and sound of in ear designs. I guess those years of me having to wear very uncomfortable over ear head sets while controlling air craft and messing with satellite relays in the navy, made me despise them.

#8 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

I ordered this and should have it today:

I'll report back after I've tried them out.

BTW, I also have used the street2 for about 3 years and have had no problems with it. As far as the reports of sub-par microphone I use the neck chain when only listening to music, but if I will be talking on it I also clip it up closer to my chin. When driving I clip it on the seat belt and people have no trouble hearing me on their end.

#9 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

I ordered this and should have it today:

I'll report back after I've tried them out.

BTW, I also have used the street2 for about 3 years and have had no problems with it. As far as the reports of sub-par microphone I use the neck chain when only listening to music, but if I will be talking on it I also clip it up closer to my chin. When driving I clip it on the seat belt and people have no trouble hearing me on their end.

I have a pair of these for work and they dont sound the greatest. I work around machinery and normally have ony one bud in and being able to keep the other out of the way via magnet is a godsend. I have a pair of sony bt buds for normal use.

#10 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

I was interested in the LG, but after hearing from a couple of people that the ear buds sometime pop off...

Besides, I'm not a fan on the way it rests on the neck (just my personal opinion of course).

As for my issues with the Street 2... when on call and talking, I always had it clipped just below my chin (and when driving on my belt like stated).

#11 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Well, I got the LG early this afternoon and so far I'm extremely happy. I plugged it in for about 20 minutes and it was fully charged so I assume it came with some charge on it. Here's my early review:

Form/Ergonomics: I really wanted something that would eliminate the problem of cords getting tangled or caught on stuff. Why have a BT headset if you still have to mess with cords? The LG is perfect. After a couple minutes on my neck I couldn't even tell it was there anymore. The short (adjustable) cords from the unit to my ears are completely out of the way with no risk of snagging on anything. The controls are laid out well with the music buttons on the right and the send/end button and volume rocker on the left. The on/off switch is also on the left, back and down out of the way, but still easy to get to. After a quick glance at the buttons I put it on and could easily control everything by touch. One nice thing is the ability to switch between normal and bass-boost by holding both volume buttons for a second.

Pairing/Operation: I turned the headset on, tapped search for devices on my Razr and after a few seconds it was paired and connected. That couldn't have been easier. Turning it off or getting out of range was no problem; re-connecting was immediate each time. The range is much better than other BT headsets I've used in the past. I left my phone in the conference room and walked to my office, putting me about 40 feet down a narrow hallway and on the other side of a cinderblock wall. The music continued to play without a break. It did cut out when I got on the far side of a large metal file cabinet in my office.

Sound quality: I have to admit that I'm not an audiophile, but I do listen to music a lot, through both speakers and headphones. The sound through the buds on the LG was great for me. I listened to a variety from Aretha Franklin to ZZ Top and it all sounded fantastic to me. The highs and lows came through nice and clear with all the different genres I typically listen to. My musical tastes tend toward classic rock, but I do listen to jazz, blues, alternative, a little bit of country, hip-hop and R&B on a regular basis. The closest I get to metal is Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. Personal musical tastes might result in different opinions, but I have no complaints. The volume is more than I need; I couldn't turn these up all the way comfortably. Even driving down the road with the windows down I could hear my music just fine. Also, they sounded just as good at low volumes. This is important to me since I have to be able to hear if a coworker needs me.

Call quality: Just like the music, calls sounded crystal clear and plenty loud enough. I didn't tell anyone I was on a bluetooth, and unlike previous devices, no one asked. I had a lengthy conversation with my girlfriend and we both were able to hear each other very well, with no background noise. Calls connected quickly, and switching from music to call and back to music was instant each time.

Construction: After only a few hours I can't really say much about construction quality on these. Looking them over, they seem quite solid. Like cmorty72 above, I had read about instances of the buds coming off, but I am very careful with things like this so I don't anticipate that being a problem. I will post back on here if I start to notice any problems with the construction.

Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with this headset. It's very comfortable and works better than any others I've tried in every way that it's supposed to. That's my opinion of them. Others may disagree but I would definitely recommend these and I would buy them again.

#12 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Sounds good!
Do you plan on trying to work-out with these on? If so, I'd like to know your assessment on the collar staying put.

Thanks. ;)

#13 psyjohn

psyjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Do you plan on trying to work-out with these on?

I will be running in them, hopefully starting tomorrow. I'll let you know how that works out.
  • cmorty72 likes this

#14 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

I do believe I'll be ordering the Novero Rockaways and see how they work out. Best Buy is supposed to be carrying them, but all I've seen is the JayBird Freedom 3's, Plantronics Back Beat Go, and the above mentioned LG's. So Amazon here I come!

#15 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

I also have the LG HBS 700 - I really like them, and use them for work almost 8 hrs a day. Have had no issues with the buds coming loose. In fact I changed out the buds to the larger set that comes with it, they fit even better now.
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#16 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have had the motorola s9, lg set, and the rocketfish. Rocket fish has good sound quality. If you are going to use it for exercise, or you just sweat alot, don't get them. They are not sweat proof and your sweat will make the glue start coming undone. Plus if you get too much water in the speak it will short out. If you ant it for casual use, they are awesome and cheap. Do not get the motorola s9. They do not work well with Razr. On the default rom they won't go high enough to hear. On C9 and AOPK they worked great. However I had four pairs and each within 3-8 days the buttons stopped responding. There are many reports of the buttons stopping on amazon, and best buy reviews as well. I don't know how motorola has not fixed these yet, they have been out for years.

The LG is the ones I currently have. OK sound quality, great duability, sweat proof, and holds a charge 9-10 hours of music use. Very comforatble as well.

If you have a fat head the motorola are un comforatable. If you have a Really fat head, the rocket fish are uncomforatable at first till they shape to your head.

Edit, I hate buds as well, they drove me crazy for the first week. Just adjust the buds, wear each pair for a day and see which ones work best for you, then after about a week of wearing them, it is second nature. I really don't know who has holes big enough to use the big ones though. Those things are big enough to plug up an elephants arse!

#17 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

did you purchase your BT earbuds yet and if so how do you like them? I am thinking of buying a set soon and could use some advice

#18 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

you can look into these.

I have a pair and I have to admit the S9 headphones are a PIA at times they are more comfortable than the S10 HD.
I went with these and I like them very much, if the over the ear is not your thing you could try the S10 by motorola. Make sure you buy them from a dealer tha accepts returns because like all headsets, some people love what they have and some don't Ar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users