3 replies to this topic

#1 zalex

zalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

i've had the same razr setup since january. rooted, 4.1.2, working snappy, no real issues. for the first time in my android life (5+ years now, i think) i'm content with my phone. not happy, but content.

of course, with these devices, any happiness is too good to last. in the past week, i've been getting horrible horrible lag and complete cell dropouts (not just data, everything) in places like my apartment where i have full 4g all the time. additionally, my alarms have not been going off, and my notifications do not play a sound.

as someone who keeps very close tabs on his device and knows a fair bit about it, i have no way of explaining this behavior. nothing in my setup has changed (apex launcher, setcpu, kii are the craziest things i have going on).  just now i was writing an email and kii started to lag really bad, and i lost haptic feedback on all keys (including the hard keys), so i turned the screen off. except the power button lagged!! so nothing happened on the phone for a good minute until i chucked it against the wall. then the screen turned off, but the hard keys stayed lit up. after two minutes of this it all went back to about normal and things seem to be working fine now.

i'm so sick of phone issues. a year ago i would have tried to troubleshoot, find some kind of new supercool rom maybe. now i'm just totally defeated by this terrible phone experience, featuring disgustingly bad hardware (NEVER buying motorola again) and $#!+ty bloated versions of android. i just want an easy fix for the device i paid a LOT of money for. i'm not getting my hopes up though, but has this happened to anyone else lately?

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would suggest using

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

utility to return to out of the box JB. From there you can trouble shoot if it is an actually hardware problem. My guess would be a fresh start should fix this stuff. Since you're rooted you can use TiBu to save your data. Just remember to only restore apps and app data, never system data.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Edit: I am assuming of course you have an XT-912 Razr...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 zalex

zalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

thank you, i will try that :)

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

If you really did chuck it against the wall, then it's your own fault the phone has issues.  Don't blame that on Moto. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users