14 replies to this topic

#1 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Just started getting this error today when I tried to download the new update: "Not enough space on the device to support the incoming file".

Thing is, I checked the "Storage" menu and it still says I have the following free space:
App storage: 2.14GB
Internal storage: Available space 7.19GB
SD Card: Available space 11.36GB

I don't use Safestrap, so no risk of duplicate backup files. Not sure what the problem is.

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Just started getting this error today when I tried to download the new update: "Not enough space on the device to support the incoming file".

Thing is, I checked the "Storage" menu and it still says I have the following free space:
App storage: 2.14GB
Internal storage: Available space 7.19GB
SD Card: Available space 11.36GB

I don't use Safestrap, so no risk of duplicate backup files. Not sure what the problem is.

Got any bloatware that's frozen?

I see you're from Columbus, I'm from Marion, Ohio originally.

#3 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nope. Since the Razr gave the option to hide the bloatware icons, i haven't frozen anything.

After fiddling around for over an hour, I'm just going to do a factory reset. I'll update on the results once it is done.

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Nope. Since the Razr gave the option to hide the bloatware icons, i haven't frozen anything.

After fiddling around for over an hour, I'm just going to do a factory reset. I'll update on the results once it is done.

Disable is the same as freeze. You have bring those back.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#5 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I didn't disable them, just went into the app drawer and long-pressed the icon, selected 'hide icon'.

So just did a full factory reset, signed into my Google account, checked for software update and got the same *&#@^!# error. This is really pissing me off.

#6 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I didn't disable them, just went into the app drawer and long-pressed the icon, selected 'hide icon'.

So just did a full factory reset, signed into my Google account, checked for software update and got the same *&#@^!# error. This is really pissing me off.

Wipe internal storage Reboot your phone try and then wipe it again factory reset if that didnt work D:
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#7 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Wipe internal storage Reboot your phone try and then wipe it again factory reset if that didnt work D:

I did a full factory reset (wiped internal and external memory), rebooted phone, still same error. At the bottom of the "Download update now?" popup, it even says "Do not have enough space for installation, please free some disk space!".

Next call is to Motorola.

Edit: Called Motorola and they had me wipe cache (which did not work). For some reason, the MEID# for my phone is not showing up in their system. So they said the next step is to go into a Verizon store and have Verizon contact Motorola about getting the phone fixed. Yippee. :rolleyes:

I may just Fastboot the latest image and see if that does anything, before going into the Verizon store.

#8 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

No it's not, it just hides them from the App Drawer view.

:-D :-D

#9 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

No it's not, it just hides them from the App Drawer view.

ive UNINSTALLED all the bloat i dont use. like facebook and the dumb little music things and verizon video. uhg. but i can download apps and things to my razr. i think bloat is only needed to do updates and not for everyday use. it works like a charm. and it looks like you have yourself a ghost phone! i lost my train of thought because my computer decided to start typing in the middle of a sentance... good luck on getting it fixed though!
a what? an android? whats that?

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

ive UNINSTALLED all the bloat i dont use. like facebook and the dumb little music things and verizon video. uhg. but i can download apps and things to my razr. i think bloat is only needed to do updates and not for everyday use. it works like a charm. and it looks like you have yourself a ghost phone! i lost my train of thought because my computer decided to start typing in the middle of a sentance... good luck on getting it fixed though!

That's what the OP is trying to do is install the .181 update.

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I had this happen to me but ONLY with updating/downloading Titanium Buck up. I figured out how to fix it, but now I don't remember what I did. Let me do a search here and on the other forums, I may have posted my solution.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That was my thread, one person made a suggestion there but it didn't help me. Give me some time, I may recall how I fixed it.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#13 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

That's what the OP is trying to do is install the .181 update.

i thought it was just an app. that would make more sense... sorry bout that. is the phone rooted? and has he tried an RSD or matt's utility back to .173? i know he did a factory reset. and make sure hes not on the leak.
a what? an android? whats that?

#14 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Ok all. Back with update: I Fastbooted with a fresh 173 build and the update applied with no problems. I did lose root, so used 'Motofail' and regained root. Now getting my apps back with TitaniumBackup. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • leviwg likes this

#15 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ok all. Back with update: I Fastbooted with a fresh 173 build and the update applied with no problems. I did lose root, so used 'Motofail' and regained root. Now getting my apps back with TitaniumBackup. Thanks for all the ideas!

Glad you got it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users