markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

hello guys,

i've been rooting and romming since the OG droid days...and as soon as the bootloader was unlocked on the HD i bit and unlocked(about what, a month now?) i installed CWM , as that's what i'm used to from the early days of romming on the OG...now my question: what are the main differences between CWM and TWRP? do you prefer one over the other? which one? and why?

#2 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hate to highjack this thread, but also remember there was a good "Front page" comparison right around the time that Tucstwo got his HD.

Anyhow, on with the highjack anyone try the latest recovery OUDHS?  Is it any better or is just another recovery? How does it compare to TWRP or CWM, maybe not so much a highjack then....

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hate to highjack this thread, but also remember there was a good "Front page" comparison right around the time that Tucstwo got his HD.

Anyhow, on with the highjack anyone try the latest recovery OUDHS?  Is it any better or is just another recovery? How does it compare to TWRP or CWM, maybe not so much a highjack then....

It's a themed and gesture based CWM Recovery. Nothing special.

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thanks, that makes me feel better...Wasn't too sure what to think of OUDHS. Although I have really been looking for a Recovery like the app Recovery

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

hopefully we get it eventually... fingers are crossed.

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#5 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

twrp is by far the easiest on the fingers ! ouhds looks cool but IMO twrp is the best!

• KaChow likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#6 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD from Tapatalk 2

#7 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

i was using twrp and had it delete a backup on me, so i switched to cwm, and now OUDHS...as far as the comparison thread, i searched before i made this post and didn't see it, so that's why this is here...oudhs is exactly like cwm, but as was said is gesture based instead of having the use the volume up and down buttons, which is nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users