3 replies to this topic

#1 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

the tl;dr is i was working out and the hardware volume-up key got knocked the wrong way and is now stuck down. The volume rocker is slightly bent, holding down

the volume-up key. I can use volume-down, but not the power button,

The phone is built so damn nicely that I can't get anything in between the volume keys and the side of the phone. I do not have a warranty on the phone and bought it off contract (gotta love the sacrifice for keeping unlimited data...) from Verizon.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can try to fix this?

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Had that happen to my phone when I dropped it out of my truck...... if the key itself is bent and not just stuck..... you may have to disassemble the phone and manually fix it....... not an easy process if you are not as dexterous as you may like to be.... LOL

tapadriving.....hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Had that happen to my phone when I dropped it out of my truck...... if the key itself is bent and not just stuck..... you may have to disassemble the phone and manually fix it....... not an easy process if you are not as dexterous as you may like to be.... LOL

im not the hardware modding type, if this were a software thing i'd be very comfortable. once i take those two screws out, is there a chance i could screw up the entire phone?

starting to seems like disassembling may be my only choice though.

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

im not the hardware modding type, if this were a software thing i'd be very comfortable. once i take those two screws out, is there a chance i could screw up the entire phone?

starting to seems like disassembling may be my only choice though.

Well...... there is always a risk of messing something up when you tear down.... but once you do get it apart....... the keys themselves are easy to access as they are on the edge........ you don't have to rip the entire phone down.... its the getting it apart that can be tricky

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users