I Need To Vent!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I was completely pissed today to find out that my thread got deleted so someone else could post the same thing just because the other person is a Mod.

I really don't understand the thinking behind people here but let me say that just because someone is new to this site, doesn't mean they have no clue what they're doing. I have been building ROMs for the last year and a half. I've built ROMs for the HTC Eris as well as the OG Droid. I've also built many themes for many different devices. However, I do NOT appreciate the way I and others get treated here. It seems as if Mods or recognized developers are the only people allowed to post something "development related." This is ridiculous.

Just because I haven't posted a ROM here at this site, doesn't mean I'm not a developer and I really do not appreciate someone deleting my post without even telling me about it or telling me why. Seems like this site is starting to shy away from what drew me in to it.

I'm sure plenty of people can agree that I am ONE of the most helpful people around here. I'm constantly on the forums trying to help, constantly in the chat room helping people out on a daily basis and this is how I get treated in return? Like some noob that just picked up his first Android phone this morning.

Really sorry about all this but I had to rant. It is NOT right to remove my thread just so some Mod can post the same exact thread.
  • beeryooper, JJFlash, leviwg and 1 other like this

#2 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

This is so funny ( sarcasm) i remember when this happened to several others not to long ago, and then everybody got their panties in an uproar about a certain (nameless app) being used to get to ICS. REALLY? I understood the concerns but this is a modding community, we all take risks, and the risks where announced, but like stated, unless your a mod, or NAMED dev your nothing.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

My main issue with this is that I didn't mention anything about the stupid app! I simply posted install instructions that a 5 year old could understand and then the download links. So sick and tired of stuff like this. I guess you have to actually build a ROM and post it to this site to get any respect or recognition around here too.
  • JJFlash likes this

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I was a tad confused about what happened.... I opened tapatalk and the original thread was gone... and there was a new one. That is pretty low imo... at least a heads up would've been nice. Maybe there was reasoning for it? Who knows... nice find either way man....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

That sucks. Your instructions are better than the new thread. Plus no credits were given in the new post. Sigh

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm sure this walnt weigh much as I'm no dev, but i have been on this site for a while, started out great. But sadly it goes down hill. I am really dis hearted at this and other past actions. Its actually SAD. No body deserves this and likewise we all deserve equality and respect on this site! I am a nobody but i have supported this site financially, even got a cool tag on my name (for a minute) then that was even removed, lol.
In hopes of this site turning around, i will stop there. But somethings gotta give.

Also, hey hicks can a brother get a dl link :lol:

Posted Image

#7 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lets hope this site doesn't turn into another XDA lol

#8 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Mod's... some sort of explanation would be nice here? If there was some sort of a problem... that would be nice to know! For the actually OP and everyone else's sake.

#9 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Mod's... some sort of explanation would be nice here? If there was some sort of a problem... that would be nice to know! For the actually OP and everyone else's sake.

I got "somewhat" of an explanation. I posted mine before them.

They said it's because they wanted everything tested. If they would have even bothered to read my post, they would have saw that EVERYTHING was already tested. Shows that my thread wasn't even read which just makes me even more upset that they just deleted it without even reading it. Again, I guess you have to build a ROM and post it here to get any recognition.
  • JJFlash likes this

#10 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Your download links are faster than the ones in the new post *cough*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#11 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Your download links are faster than the ones in the new post *cough*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

bwahahaha

Posted Image

#12 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is so funny ( sarcasm) i remember when this happened to several others not to long ago, and then everybody got their panties in an uproar about a certain (nameless app) being used to get to ICS. REALLY? I understood the concerns but this is a modding community, we all take risks, and the risks where announced, but like stated, unless your a mod, or NAMED dev your nothing.

Okay, no, that's a completely different situation. When you guys all swarmed the servers you put us all potentially at risk, what if Motorola stopped using those servers altogether? What if you ruined our means of obtaining all future leaks? That was a mess and nobody thought about the repercussions.

THIS time, however, there's no excuse, I agree.
  • DroidAddict101 and theonlycosmic like this

#13 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

I said once and ill say it again. These manufacturers deliberately leak these leaks so community members find them and our talented developers can do some repairs. Lol

#14 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Okay, no, that's a completely different situation. When you guys all swarmed the servers you put us all potentially at risk, what if Motorola stopped using those servers altogether? What if you ruined our means of obtaining all future leaks? That was a mess and nobody thought about the repercussions.

THIS time, however, there's no excuse, I agree.

TSON I agree it was a boggle with every tom/shlong/harry going to (that app) and bogging servers. I understand, there are people that DONT heed the warnings and do it anyway, and then come crying for help that could have been easily avoided. I get all that, my gripe is with the way it was handled, the attitudes of SOME mods, the topics and posts removed without a word said to poster our author as to why. No common courtesy at all. That is unacceptable behavior and a miss use of power. Yes it happens on every single one of these sites, but yes I thought and was hoping this one would be different. We all learn from our mistakes, I hope that the powers to be will learn from theirs as well. It would have been a completely different situation if they contacted hics, posted in his thread, or acknowledged him in theirs as to WHY they did what they did, but alas they did not. This is why i feel so many are upset with this, its not as much what happened as to how it happened.
Me personally i think this was a pile of steaming doodie, as he had instructions (some quoted as better) in his thread, and stated that testing was done and confirmed. So their reasoning of (well we just wanted to make sure it was tested) is out. Either they wanted the cred, or they dont trust the av user (not saying hics is the av user, as he has much more knowledge than most). Not trying to argue with you, or start anything hear TSON, I respect you and support this site. I would just like to see less of this sort of thing.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG lol

Posted Image

#15 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

From this vantage point it definitely seems unfair. Let's see what the public explanation is.

[edit]
However, it also appears as if he posted his thread approx. 45 minutes before you.
Your thread was created at 12:14pm pst.
His was created at 11:27am pst.
[/edit]

#16 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

His thread was hidden though, while the other was public.

#17 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

ah man sorry. he should of gave you credit on his post at the very least
Posted Image

#18 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

ah man sorry. he should of gave you credit on his post at the very least

I didn't expect credit for anything. Just was mad that my thread was deleted for no reason. He had his thread hidden, not my fault I had it tested and everything first and made my thread public.

#19 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

on a side note i'm still trying to decide if i'm going to 84 or 85.....

Posted Image

#20 P3Droid

P3Droid

Android Legend/ Mentor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:P3Droid

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

OP, and all those concerned. I am not sure what happened but on behalf of DR, Andrew and myself. I apologize for this. I will check in to this and work to see that this does not happen again in the future. All members are important and have the same rights as anyone else. If you have a concern let me know. Thanks.
  • cvhovey, shizumie, DarkOverDroid and 1 other like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users