#1 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I'm on the leak .84, not rooted. Question: under menu>settings>developer options there is a setting labled "Don't keep activities". What exactly does that do if selected? Anyone know?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

When you return to the homescreen (launcher) it kills the app entirely. Normally the app is allowed to reside in memory for a little while so you can get back into it easily if you are switching back and forth. It can improve battery life and performance, but it can be a major detriment to usability depending on how you use the phone.

#3 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

When you return to the homescreen (launcher) it kills the app entirely. Normally the app is allowed to reside in memory for a little while so you can get back into it easily if you are switching back and forth. It can improve battery life and performance, but it can be a major detriment to usability depending on how you use the phone.

Thanks...I think I'll give it a try as long as it doesn't shut down the ability of the phone to receive text and email until I open one of them up to use.

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thanks...I think I'll give it a try as long as it doesn't shut down the ability of the phone to receive text and email until I open one of them up to use.

No that will be fine. It is more an issue for people bouncing between things, like texting and on YouTube or playing a game. YouTube would lose what video they were watching or the game would lose all progress since their last save.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users