• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

I flashed ics leak a couple of weeks ago using the side load method I found here. I wanted to know exactly how to return to stock to get 181 and eventually the official ics. I've been looking around here for instructions but I'm not familiar enough with all the details of the different fastboots and bootstraps etc. Until now I've been flashing on Samsung using cwm and Odin. So any specific, I guess nooby, directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Unfortunately, you can't yet. That's why the thread was pulled. It's looking kindof grim... there's a bunch of people working on it, though.

#3 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Oh... I thought it was with matts utility?

#4 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Which leak do you have? If you loaded leak .84/.85 leak there is not going back. If you try to rsd back to stock you will brick it.

#5 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

I flashed ics leak a couple of weeks ago using the side load method I found here. I wanted to know exactly how to return to stock to get 181 and eventually the official ics. I've been looking around here for instructions but I'm not familiar enough with all the details of the different fastboots and bootstraps etc. Until now I've been flashing on Samsung using cwm and Odin. So any specific, I guess nooby, directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Either use Matt's Utility or RSD (Odin equivalent) to flash stock 181. You can find both on this site in the Development Section (I think).

You'll need to get into into the razor's bootloader to run either utility (when phone is off, hit the power button along with both volume keys). Volume down moves selection, volume up selects and executes.

After you flash stock 181, don't forget to root!

I'm an ex-samsung flasher as well (Epic 4G). Took a little adjusting, but got moto's system pretty much figured out.
  • ThaTwizzla likes this

#6 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Unfortunately, you can't yet. That's why the thread was pulled. It's looking kindof grim... there's a bunch of people working on it, though.

If he flashed a couple weeks ago, he's referring to the 75 leak.

And yes, you can fastboot back from here.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#7 JNagy

JNagy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm gonna say since it was flashed a few weeks ago its the original 75 leak, which rsd/fastboots fine using either rsd lite or the latest version of matt's utility

edit: beat me to it

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. -W.B. Yeats

#8 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Either use Matt's Utility or RSD (Odin equivalent) to flash stock 181. You can find both on this site in the Development Section (I think).

You'll need to get into into the razor's bootloader to run either utility (when phone is off, hit the power button along with both volume keys). Volume down moves selection, volume up selects and executes.

I'm an ex-samsung flasher as well (Epic 4G). Took a little adjusting, but got moto's system pretty much figured out.

Don't do it unless you flashed .75 or you will brick it.

#9 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Which leak do you have? If you loaded leak .84/.85 leak there is not going back. If you try to rsd back to stock you will brick it.

where do I check which it is?

#10 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

6.14.75xt912? Is that. 75?

#11 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

6.14.75xt912? Is that. 75?

Yes. 6.14.84 or 6.14.85 are the new leaks that can't go back to stock

#12 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I saw by matts utility something about having a specific fastboot and some other conditions. Can you elaborate on those.? Edit: what i saw was AP fastboot mode What is that different from plain fastboot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2stb

#13 yedei

yedei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Once I go back go to .173 then OTA to. 181 can I then install the. 75 leak on top of
181?

#14 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Once I go back go to .173 then OTA to. 181 can I then install the. 75 leak on top of
181?

Nope, you can only get to .75 from .173

#15 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I saw by matts utility something about having a specific fastboot and some other conditions. Can you elaborate on those.? Edit: what i saw was AP fastboot mode What is that different from plain fastboot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2stb

AP Fastboot Mode and Fastboot are the same thing. We just get lazy and drop the other parts ;)

#16 ThaTwizzla

ThaTwizzla

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinnsota

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Amen My fellow Sir.
i loved my Epic. had to get away from sprint after 9 years.
but DAmn is this razr SiC
have a good one Guy
First-Sixth Bravo Co."Hit Em Hard Boys" Semper Fi - We Will Never Forget

#17 benzb

benzb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

If I have .84, does it basically mean that I am screwed? When the official ICS comes out, will I be able to update to it or will I be stuck with this current ICS build?

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Amen My fellow Sir.
i loved my Epic. had to get away from sprint after 9 years.
but DAmn is this razr SiC
have a good one Guy

I dumped Sprint after a year. I'm surprised that they didn't dump me as I forced roaming on to Verizon's network most of the time.

I still have my Epic. Flashed ICS on it but just sits there dusty and jealous of my razr :lol:

#19 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

If I have .84, does it basically mean that I am screwed? When the official ICS comes out, will I be able to update to it or will I be stuck with this current ICS build?

Stuck now, yes. Later, probably not. Screwed, hell no!

Who knows, a fix between now and then may happen or perhaps custom roms for the official ics (when they come) will be compatible with 84/85

#20 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Stuck now, yes. Later, probably not. Screwed, hell no!

Who knows, a fix between now and then may happen or perhaps custom roms for the official ics (when they come) will be compatible with 84/85

Since we can re-upgrade after forcing the 6.12.181 fastboot files we can get back on the path whenever the real ICS comes out :D
  • OlDirtyGrizzly and nailbomb3 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users