#21 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Since we can re-upgrade after forcing the 6.12.181 fastboot files we can get back on the path whenever the real ICS comes out

Hoping this is the case Matt!

#22 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Since we can re-upgrade after forcing the 6.12.181 fastboot files we can get back on the path whenever the real ICS comes out :D

Wait wait wait....whaaaaat?

I think what you are saying is that since we can RE-sideload the leak, when we can get a .zip of the final OTA, we should be good to go?

Am I reading you right? :)

#23 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

Wait wait wait....whaaaaat?

I think what you are saying is that since we can RE-sideload the leak, when we can get a .zip of the final OTA, we should be good to go?

Am I reading you right? :)

Correct! If the official ICS is side-loadable anyway.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#24 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

I just hope the new ICS is rsd compatible. I like having a one click reset button.

#25 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Correct! If the official ICS is side-loadable anyway.

I thought EmericanX tried to do that with the. 85 update when he was on. 84 and it gave him errors.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#26 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

I was the one that tried to side load .85 when I was on .84. Tried it three times didn't work. .84 worked on the first try. .85 wouldn't go past a signature for me.

#27 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

I was the one that tried to side load .85 when I was on .84. Tried it three times didn't work. .84 worked on the first try. .85 wouldn't go past a signature for me.

So that being the case what makes anyone think the final OTA will be side load able. I kinda doubt it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#28 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

If I am not mistaken, we don't really need the OTA to be side loadable. All we need after release are the fastboot files, isn't that correct?
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#29 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

If I am not mistaken, we don't really need the OTA to be side loadable. All we need after release are the fastboot files, isn't that correct?

That is my assumption as well. Unless the ics ota comes with the old bootloader.... then we are screwed unless a dev finds a way around it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#30 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

That is my assumption as well. Unless the ics ota comes with the old bootloader.... then we are screwed unless a dev finds a way around it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If that's the case on the bootloader there won't be a way around it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

#31 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

If that's the case on the bootloader there won't be a way around it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Thus the nickname: Hotel California
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#32 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

You can only flashback if you are using the .75 leak. if you try to flash back using the 84/85 you will get black screen bricked. but there is a way to get back to your stock ICS that you put on your phone if you do brick it. kind of a pain in the butt to do it. but it works. i had to get rid of the .75 version cause i was having way to many problesm with my wifi and data issues. so im stuck on the 85 leak until someone figures something out. which i dont mind.

#33 20ripley

20ripley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

im on 84 leak how do i get 85 and how do i ninstall when im on 84

THANKS

#34 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

You are all assuming that the ICS release will be compatible with changes that were made to our system by this Leaked update. If they are not, it doesn't matter if we have FB files and or the official OTA zip, we are still 100% hosed.

#35 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

im on 84 leak how do i get 85 and how do i ninstall when im on 84

THANKS

I'll put it simply. You don't.

#36 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Hey, I am on the 75 leak and recently it has been having a lot of issues. I wanted to go back to the original stock 173 to get back to original updates. Unfortunately everytime I try to get into fastboot mode to use Matt's Utility it simply resets. I have tried about 10 times in a row to go into fastboot mode. Can anyone help? I am doing the hold both volume keys and the power key down, but it jsut resets each time.

#37 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

Why not just type "adb reboot bootloader" from a command prompt opened from Matt's /files folder.

edit: with the USB cable connected, of course.

#38 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

where there is a will...there is a way.

#39 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey, I am on the 75 leak and recently it has been having a lot of issues. I wanted to go back to the original stock 173 to get back to original updates. Unfortunately everytime I try to get into fastboot mode to use Matt's Utility it simply resets. I have tried about 10 times in a row to go into fastboot mode. Can anyone help? I am doing the hold both volume keys and the power key down, but it jsut resets each time.

Don't hold down both volume up and volume down. Just turn off your phone then boot up by pressing volume down and power together. Should do the trick.

Otherwise adb reboot bootloader will work if you cd to Matt's files folder and run the command from there. Or of course from your android sdk platforn-tools folder if you have that and adb already setup.

[ BEWARE :: n00bs are afoot ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#40 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Don't hold down both volume up and volume down. Just turn off your phone then boot up by pressing volume down and power together. Should do the trick.

Otherwise adb reboot bootloader will work if you cd to Matt's files folder and run the command from there. Or of course from your android sdk platforn-tools folder if you have that and adb already setup.

[ BEWARE :: n00bs are afoot ]

Both volume buttons and power vutton get you into the bootloader. Just volume down and power button only gets you to fastboot.

adb reboot fastboot

Is the command to reboot into fastboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users