Worked for me! I unrooted and rerooted

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Thanks 4 all u do Matt. It worked 4 me to.

#23 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I can also confirm. I was soft bricked on 84, able to get 84 working again and I ran this.

Issue I had is on second reboot, screen never came back on for me. I would hit the power button and the keys would lit up but the screen would not come on. Hit any key to continue and and choose the option that I had root, rebooted and root is there. Confirmed working with titanium backup, wifi tether, and sqlite.

Also after first reboot indicated battery was 5 percent. I was at 60 percent when I started. Still reading 5 percent? Known issue? Anyway to correct?

I cannot however download root exploorer from market, says update only tried that and failed, Uninstalled system rootexploorer apk and now says uncompatible version in market. Any ideas?

Thanks Matt!

Edit: Disregard, I rebooted and root exploorer from market working fine.

#24 ricky82g

ricky82g

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I can also confirm. I was soft bricked on 84, able to get 84 working again and I ran this.

Issue I had is on second reboot, screen never came back on for me. I would hit the power button and the keys would lit up but the screen would not come on. Hit any key to continue and and choose the option that I had root, rebooted and root is there. Confirmed working with titanium backup, wifi tether, and sqlite.

Also after first reboot indicated battery was 5 percent. I was at 60 percent when I started. Still reading 5 percent? Known issue? Anyway to correct?

I cannot however download root exploorer from market, says update only tried that and failed, Uninstalled system rootexploorer apk and now says uncompatible version in market. Any ideas?

Thanks Matt!

Edit: Disregard, I rebooted and root exploorer from market working fine.

I had the same exact experience as you to the t. I lost root going to. 84 and have been waiting to get root back. This makes being stuck on. 84 that much better.

Oh yeah my first post. Coming from a d2 and loving my razr

#25 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

rockin' and rolling .......err ROOTIN'.......rockin & rootin' B)

ROOTED 84, Thanks Matt!
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#26 thekantorfour

thekantorfour

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

worked for me, i'm running 84. keep up the great work!!!

#27 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+:kevin.bossoletti

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I just thought about starting a topic this. I'll try it when I get home tonight. Looks promising. Thanks Matt

#28 Guest_ezcats_*

Guest_ezcats_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

please tell me this works if you forgot to backup root

edit: my phone wont boot now.. :(

i'm on .85 and now i'm stuck...any suggestions?
  • StealthFox13 likes this

#29 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

please tell me this works if you forgot to backup root edit: my phone wont boot now.. :( i'm on .85 and now i'm stuck...any suggestions?

My suggestion is to run utility 1.6 to fastboot to 6.12.181 files, go to Moto recovery, then upgrade to 85. You can root on there since its a fresh .85.

EDIT: link to 1.6:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#30 footballbmb9

footballbmb9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

worked for me thanks matt used Kboss' restore from soft brick then used this to get root back successfully...
  • mattlgroff likes this

#31 mines_01

mines_01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:BDDFM
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I tried it and worked great, also got tired of copying and pasting every line (using Linux) so I made a coarse shell script. If anyone wants it just lemme know. Thanks for the root method!!!

#32 unrealchaos

unrealchaos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

+1 to its rooting my .84 leaked MAXX! :D

#33 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I was already rooted, but just wanted to say Matt Rocks! Thanks for all your hard work to help people Matt.

I wasn't already rooted....... but hey!!!!....... now I am!!!!! Matt (and xlightwaverx) Thank you both for all your hard work. Much appreciated. Excuse me whilst I lick my rooted phone! hahahahahahaha!!!!!
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#34 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Correction....... Droid Razrs do not taste good! Do not lick them!!! LOL

#35 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yep.... kinda figured no one would want to come back to this after that..... :-0

#36 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

lol?
  • JoJoLanny likes this

#37 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

Has anyone else tried this on .75? Just curious since there was only one post about it.

#38 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Workde on my .84 thanks.

#39 weedahoe

weedahoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ive got a problem.

Im on .84 and HAD root. But the other day my phone would not make or rec calls. So thinking it was software related I backed up my internal card, pulled my external card and I hard reset After that didnt work I swapped SIM cards with my wifes Gnex and it worked. So I went to the VZW store and had them replace my card and I was fine. After setting back up by device and copying back over my "internal" card I noticed my apps said I didnt have root or permissions.I had VooDoo installed and it has everything checked but Root Permissions Granted. I have SU installed but when I open Root Explorer or TiBu it says I do not have root.

I downloaded this from the first post and ran the root.bat and did all the reboots but still have the same issues... :UGH:

Can anyone help?

#40 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

FYI its a No Go with it working on the .79 ICS leak. I just fastbooted the 79 build and figured I'd give it a run. By the looks of it su & busybox are not getting pushed/installed which is the problem I think. I do have Superuser.apk in the app drawer but when you check the binary for SU in the Superuser app it says busybox is missing and it can't find Su. And becasue both are missing or not installed it will not let SU update from within Superuser app.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users