jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

bgr-sprint-vital-2.jpg?w=827

Back in the "dumbphone" days, it was normal to see a carrier branded phone. In the age of smartphones, seeing a carrier branded phone is incredibly rare. Sprint is looking to break that trend with the Sprint Vital. As you might expect, the Vital wasn't actually designed and manufactured by Sprint; ZTE took over that part. No where on the phone does the ZTE naming or logo appear though. It's just a ZTE phone sporting a Sprint disguise. 

When I first saw this announcement, I was expecting mediocre specs at best. Man, was I wrong. This phone comes with a 1280x720 5" display, 1GB RAM, and a 1.5 Ghz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. On top of that, it sports a 13 megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1 megapixel front-facing shooter. It comes with all of your standard radios: NFC, Wifi b/g/n, Sprint LTE, and Bluetooth 4.0.  It's all powered by a 2500 mAh battery.

This may not be a crazy high-end device, but its specs will appeal to a consumer on a budget. The Sprint Vital rings up at a inexpensive $99.99 on contract with a $50 mail-in rebate. As if the price and specs were't appealing enough, the Sprint Vital also ships with stock Android 4.1.2.

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• vic2497 likes this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

I dont know if this helps or hurts the carriers. It's kinda weird. Mostly because, in the past, the carriers would just enlist an OEM to build their "carrier" device....(Qualcomm or whomever). So while it's funny to think that Sprint has some factory somewhere where they're pumping out phones, they're not. All they're really doing it PAYING an OEM to remove their branding from a device. Again, not sure how this helps the carrier. I guess it don't hurt them...but WHY would a carrier choose to compete against the BIG OEMs when they sell em anyway? I'm lost...    :blink:

• vic2497 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users