5 replies to this topic

#1 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Earlier today I installed Nova Launcher Free onto my Rage3.2 Razr Maxx.

After familiarizing myself w/the settings for the app, I noted that the drag-down notification bar had skewed colors i.e. I use Widgetsoid & made custom background color theme for all icons in that toolbar. They were black when I created them, but once the prob surfaced, they were plum purple, the icons themselves were colored deep red, & they showed up plum purple when not enabled (Airplane mode) & red when enabled...

I also noticed that the dialog boxes, headers, etc of other apps had similar color corruption.

Then I went into SafeStrap to try deleting the slot for Rage rom & recreate it & then restore fm a nandroid backup I made a couple of days ago; the restore worked, but the dialog boxes Install, Wipe,etc had that purplish tinge inside the other colored line which formed the dialog box for that function.

The default Boot Ani for the Razr has those retracting doors which reveal the 'eye' & they are silver / steel colored; but now they are purplish.

Also, I switched to the Stock side & found the same probs, & even did a Factory reset.... to no avail.

I'm guessing that some color change got written to memory & that stuck & I can't change it & boy, is it ugly!!!!

My feeling is that I should grab Matt's Droid Razr Util for WinAppleLinux, & re-flash...

Any help very much appreciated, my device works, but I wince each time I look at it; & customization is something we rom flashers enjoy, so corrupt color schemes are pretty bad....

TIA, 

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

I personally would use the utility.... Just tell yourself "its time for a fresh start anyway" :)..... I would also backup your internal and external storage and then format those as well..... For a complete fresh start......... Unless you have the patience to search thru /system and see what files have been modified and then change them back to original....... :blink::blink:

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

john, thanks for the reply, I'm not at my PC now to acess the utilities…

Do you think it could be my screen is slowly dying or just some unexplained corruption?

please humor me, I have a lot on my plate right now; & I'm afraid I might miss something due to distraction: I have to be in ap fastboot mode to use the util, right?, but what about any other needed settings to be sure of b4 I start.

what about protecting root w/Voodoo, should I bother?

also, if I have Tibu backups of my 3d party apps, can I depend on that to restore what an internal sdcard wipe will do? can't afford to lose data, & having to redo all those settings…

My PC 'died' - due to dust, I had to open it up, remove ram chips, clean the contacts & put humpty dupty back together again-it's gonna be one of those days…

thanks again...
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#4 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

john, thanks, but that wasn't the answer; alas Matt's util worked, but didn't fix the prob & I've also been in contact w/Nova Launcher's dev & he said apps don't just change system color values in that fashion, android OS doesn't allow for it & it seems my screen is dying…

Sent from XT912 using Tapatalk 4 beta
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#5 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

I have a solution: it was the phone dying & when I replaced it, everything worked as expected…

so it ws not the app, but the device that was bad…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Great..... glad you got it taken care of..... it sux you had to get a your phone replaced .... but now you're back in business LOL

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users