2 replies to this topic

#1 wksun88

wksun88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

So I'm at my wit's end. I was originally going to install a ROM tonight, but being really stupid
I extracted the ROM zip and copied it to my phone. I then proceeded to wipe out everything thinking I was ready to install

until I realized that TWRP only recognizes zip files to install ROMs from. Now that wouldn't be a problem if I could just access my phone

but my computer won't recognize the device anymore so I can't even copy over the zip to it. I tried downloading the motorola drivers and it still doesn't recognize the phone when it's in TWRP. Any ideas on what I should do now?

Thanks!

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

So I'm at my wit's end. I was originally going to install a ROM tonight, but being really stupid
I extracted the ROM zip and copied it to my phone. I then proceeded to wipe out everything thinking I was ready to install

until I realized that TWRP only recognizes zip files to install ROMs from. Now that wouldn't be a problem if I could just access my phone

but my computer won't recognize the device anymore so I can't even copy over the zip to it. I tried downloading the motorola drivers and it still doesn't recognize the phone when it's in TWRP. Any ideas on what I should do now?

Thanks!

Do you have a memory card in the phone? If so then you'll need to take the sdcard out and buy an adapter. Plug the sdcard into your computer and copy a ROM from there.

Did you actually go through TWRP and go to "Mount" and then make sure the "Unmount SD Card" box is UNCHECKED and it will say "Mount SD Card" then plug your phone into your computer.

Also you can try different USB ports on your computer as well as different USB Cables.

• neckchop likes this

#3 wksun88

wksun88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for your help, using the microSD worked. Had to go buy a new one since the old one had been dead for a while :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users