• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi, I'm a noobie  flashed my first rom today, I am encouraged by the success and want to try a few other roms, but have some questions first.    I am rooted and have an unlocked the bootloader. I currently have twrp 2.5 installed on my phone as well as a rom from this site (unofficial-DST w/mods-unlocked bootloader only).  I installed the rom by flashing using the carefully laid out instructions in the op and it worked great.  I made a nandroid backup of my phone after the installation and saved it to both the internal and external sd card.

Questions,

1) Can I now just flash custom roms over this using TWRP (after appropriate wiping) or do I have to return to 'stock 4.1.2' before using twrp to load the next rom?

2) having made a nandroid backup of the rom I flashed today, can I now just return the' dst w/mods...' to my phone if I go to a different rom and then want to go back to I tagain or can that rom only be loading by flashing from a pc?

3) in the about screen, there is a 'kernel' shown for the 'dst w/mods...' rom.  In the future, if I want to load a rom with a custom Kernel, does this count as a 'kernel' or is there some sort of 'stock' kernel I need to use in it's place? If such a thing is required, can't you point me where I can find it?

4) I have older nandroid backups with stock ICS which worked well for me.  If I chose to go back to ICS could I do it by flashing the ics nandroid over a rom such as dst w/mods..., or is that not possibl

Still have a lot to learn, but appreciate all the work done here and the help you guys provide.  Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yup just flash over the top of this rom.

You can restore back to a rom backup if you want.

Don't worry about the kernel unless you go to an AOSP rom

Dump your old ICS nandroids. To go back to ICS you need to use the Utility and start fresh

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the help :-)
  • Memnoch73 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users