• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

I sold my Lapdock on ebay and didn't learn my lesson with dealing with ebay the first time it seems. Returned to me because it will not charge anymore. I figured he was just dumb so I refunded him and I got it back. Not charging. It blinks a white light on the LED when its plugged into AC but its battery won't charge. If I hold down the power button it is pink, then turns red then back to blinking white led.

So changing things up, now its MY turn to ask for help ;)\

EDIT: I can charge it WHILE holding down the power button, but that gets really old and annoying really fast.

Edited by mattlgroff, 11 May 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Just in case you haven't found this (not much help I know but Motorola apparently doesn't feel they should have to release a real manual for this):

Check the Lapdock™ battery level with the battery charge indicator, which is located on the right side of the Lapdock 500.

Charger connected:

• Flashing white - Charging
  • Solid white - Fully charged

Charger disconnected, and phone connected:

• Flashing red - Battery below 10%
  • Solid red - Battery below 5%

Press battery check button:

• Solid red - Charge battery
  • Double flash white - Low battery
  • Triple flash white - Medium charge
  • Solid white - Full charge

• mattlgroff likes this

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Just in case you haven't found this (not much help I know but Motorola apparently doesn't feel they should have to release a real manual for this):

Check the Lapdock™ battery level with the battery charge indicator, which is located on the right side of the Lapdock 500.

Charger connected:

• Flashing white - Charging
  • Solid white - Fully charged

Charger disconnected, and phone connected:

• Flashing red - Battery below 10%
  • Solid red - Battery below 5%

Press battery check button:

• Solid red - Charge battery
  • Double flash white - Low battery
  • Triple flash white - Medium charge
  • Solid white - Full charge

Works now, I talked to a guy from Motorola and it helped :D

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#4 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Not the same issue but also related to lapdock 500, has anyone noticed that when watching netflix in full screen on the lapdock that if you try to go back using the back button that it will force a reboot of the razr? Just wondering. I am running 181 unrooted and completely stock.

#5 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Not the same issue but also related to lapdock 500, has anyone noticed that when watching netflix in full screen on the lapdock that if you try to go back using the back button that it will force a reboot of the razr? Just wondering. I am running 181 unrooted and completely stock.

Pm me I had the same issue... I might have a solution for you.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#6 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

So, what is the solution? Thanks.

#7 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

OK here is what I did, might not work for you, but its worth a shot... first off I just want to make sure everyone is aware of the lapdock's reset button... if you have the lapdock unplugged with the lid closed there is a small reset button that has to be pushed with a paperclip on the bottom side of the lapdock (make sure it is unplugged and the lid is closed before pushing it) try that button first, might work, might not (pushing this reset will also fix the trackpad if it becomes unresponsive)... secondly here is how I fixed my Netflix issue:

While a movie is running, pause the movie (do not push "back" button) then close the lid on the lapdock.... wait for Netflix to load on your phones screen (do not unplug the phone from the lapdock) once Netflix is visible on your phone's screen, exit the app. Doing this will not force a reboot on your phone. Once you have exited Netflix, reopen the lapdock lid and let it load webtop again.... this is an annoying workaround, but it does work.... after I had done this numerous times, over the course of about a week, one day I forgot to close the lid first and pushed back while a movie was playing and to my surprise my phone did not reboot and I could never replicate the forced reboot after that.... I don't know if you only have to do it a couple times or a dozen but it seems that eventually it will "learn" how to deal with Netflix if you are patient enough to go through the steps I mentioned.... this was true when I was on stock .173 rooted (no bloat frozen) as of now I am on the .75 ICS leak and Netflix doesn't cause a reboot on the 3.0 beta webtop, but I did have the same issue you are having with .181 while I was on .173.... if the webtop version is the same between .173 and .181 my method may work for you.

#8 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Interesting. Sounds annoying but I'll give it a go. Thanks!

#9 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Interesting. Sounds annoying but I'll give it a go. Thanks!

If it works for you let me know, I'll have to make a thread specifically for Netflix issues with lapdock so other users can find the solution easier :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users