4 replies to this topic

#1 BrendonButler

BrendonButler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

So I've had my Droid Razr for about 6 months now, and I absolutely love it; beautiful design, rather good specs, many available accessories, etc. But recently, since about 2 days ago my screen has gone into what I'd call a schizophrenic state.

My phone will be working completely fine, then out of the blue my touches will either not register or register in a totally different place. I turned on the "Show Touches" in Developer options and I've been seeing very random and annoying dots appearing. Here's a list of things that happen:

• On screen touch => White circle (from "Show Touches") will appear randomly on the screen.
  • On screen touch => Multiple white circles will appear on the X axis where I pressed. But randomly on the Y axis.
  • On screen touch => White circle will appear where I press on the X axis and another on the same axis, but further up or down.
  • On extended use => White circles will start flashing in a general area or multiple areas for fractions of a second.
  • On hand hover => Screen presses register about 1/16 of an inch away from actually touching the screen.

Things I have tried:

• Taking the case off => Usually solves the problem for about an hour or two.
  • Clearing Cache => No effect
  • Quitting all apps => No effect
  • Restarting => No effect
  • Turning off for extended time => No effect
  • Cleaning the screen => (using a microfiber cloth and smartphone cleaner) 50/50 chance of working.
  • Cleaning the screen => (breath and cotton shirt) No effect

I think it may have something to do with the screen protector. The screen protector has a stretch mark (looks as if a stylus was used with heavy pressure while moving down). It also has tiny white speckles from who knows what.

The screen under the screen protector has never been touched since the phone was purchased and I had no problems at the initial purchase. I had about 3 random restarts and if the phone is tapped on the edge, with the case on, most of the time the SD card will say "Unexpectedly Removed," then a few seconds later it will come back.

Thanks, Brendon

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

I would first try removing the screen protector......

If that doesn't help maybe try running Matt's utility to wipe phone and return to stock.......Then Backup and wipe both external and internal storage......
This will eliminate a software issue....

If none of that helps your digitizer may be going bad and will need replaced.....

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Is this happening while it is plugged in and charging? If so make sure you are using the charger and cable that came with the phone.

<a href=

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Is this happening while it is plugged in and charging? If so make sure you are using the charger and cable that came with the phone.

Is it possible that the charger has a adverse impact on the responsiveness of the screen ?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

Is it possible that the charger has a adverse impact on the responsiveness of the screen ?

I have read on other forums that non-factory chargers/cables can cause wierd touch screen problems.

<a href=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users