therookie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:robertzpt7
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey whats up everybody. i joined about a month back but didnt post anything my appoligies. wasnt trying to be rude or anything but i work alot. So all this android stuff is new to me, hell i was just starting to figure out windows.lmao. but i find the android phones as the missing link of bringing everthing together. i really want to tweak my phone out to the hilt but dont really know where to start. i rooted it and then unrooted it and now it wont upgrade with the ota ics leak. i want to try it with what i find on here. and let me tell you know its as if i rode the short bus or something cause i cannot get a grasp on the concept of rooting ,fastboot, flashing, im lost but i want to learn any help would and will be greatly appreciated. well ive rattled on enough. happy mothers day to all the ladies. all the hardheads have a great day.

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

are you referring to the ics leak? if so id stay on stock .181 or whatever and wait supposedly a week for the official OTA ICS. to sideload the .75 ics leak, you must be on .173 unmodified but rooted. search away for more answers. what system version are you on? fastboot is the act of loading a completly stock image to your phone. flashing is putting custom files or roms on the phone. a rom is like a tweaked UI of android and you can pick from a lot but all have some draw backs i.e. camera, data drops. hope this helped. any more questions, ask away my friend!
a what? an android? whats that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users