19 replies to this topic

#1 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

My grandpa emailed this to me and I don't know if this is true or not... so...? And the number is on there is it is true.

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends. :)

Attached Files

a what? an android? whats that?

#2 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

I use Who's calling from the play store to stop unwanted calls. What you posted sounds like a scam to me
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#3 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

I wonder if that is true. I'm pretty sure somewhere in the contract you had to sign with verizon should have been the privacy policy, and I can't imagine its legal for them to just give out numbers. if its not the carriers who else would have access to cell numbers?

#4 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

It is not true. Was proven wrong like a year ago when this first surfaced. Pay no attention to it and tell you friends it is garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

My grandpa emailed this to me and I don't know if this is true or not... so...? And the number is on there is it is true.

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends.

It's somewhat true. Even Verizon releases your info unless you opt out.

I've been registering with donotcall.org for a few years but it's no longer effective. I still get sales calls on my cell.

#6 jpm

jpm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

The DNC list doesn't work for any non-reputable telemarketers anyway, in fact some will get a copy of the list just because they know they are live numbers. Kind of like when you try to unsubscribe from a spammer's email, it just confirms that you read it and makes your address more valuable.

Telemarketers are calling cell phone numbers because they just program entire blocks into their dialing programs (e.g. 617-555-xxxx) and call every one of them. If your cellphone happens to be in that block, you're getting called. The cell companies don't need to give out your number for the scammers to find it.

#7 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

It's a non issue for me anymore. I installed root call blocker and stopped the calls i didn't want.

#8 Thwip

Thwip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I've been using Mr Number (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) free on Google Play to block calls. There are others.

#9 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Black List is best imo

#10 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Agreed, I have BlackList Pro and it works just as advertised/intended.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#11 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

The DNC list doesn't work for any non-reputable telemarketers anyway, in fact some will get a copy of the list just because they know they are live numbers.

This!! I saw this on Workaholics the other day lol! I can't believe they actually do this. That just made my whole day

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

This!! I saw this on Workaholics the other day lol! I can't believe they actually do this. That just made my whole day

Gotta love call blocking apps.

#13 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Honestly, I didn't even know call blocking apps were an option. I mean I knew you could block individual numbers, but I kind of thought I was SOL when it came to telemarketers. I work a few states away from home and so I get a lot of business related calls from numbers I don't recognize. I am obligated to answer, but a lot of times it turns out to be recordings. I am going to give Blacklist a shot since so many people recommended it. Glad I stumbled on this thread!

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Honestly, I didn't even know call blocking apps were an option. I mean I knew you could block individual numbers, but I kind of thought I was SOL when it came to telemarketers. I work a few states away from home and so I get a lot of business related calls from numbers I don't recognize. I am obligated to answer, but a lot of times it turns out to be recordings. I am going to give Blacklist a shot since so many people recommended it. Glad I stumbled on this thread!

Yeah you shouldn't be disappointed with blacklist, it works great!

#15 Assassin

Assassin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

I use call master pro. It works great. I tried a lot of other call blocking apps but this is the only 1 I could get the reject option to work on my razr, the other ones just sent it to vm. If I block a call with call master the callers phone rings a few times then it says good bye. ^_^

#16 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yeah you shouldn't be disappointed with blacklist, it works great!

Yay, just downloaded, thanks for the suggestion :) I'm actually looking forward to my next junk call so I can try it out!

#17 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Nothing will tear me away from Root Call Blocker... NOTHING!!!! :P

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Nothing will tear me away from Root Call Blocker... NOTHING!!!!

Been working great for me too!

#19 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Call Control works well too. It needs root permissions though.
Posted Image

#20 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Forgot to mention Call Control has a community blacklist you can enable. The community reports spam/telemarketer calls and Call Control blocks those as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users