35 replies to this topic

#1 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

im currently stuck on 6.12.174. i wanted to know how to get completely back to stock so that i can get the ota to 181. Can anyone help me with this please? btw, i havent rooted my phone or anything. i only downloaded a leak of this version awhile back. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Not sure what this .174 build is you are talking about but this may help you anyway:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

im currently stuck on 6.12.174. i wanted to know how to get completely back to stock so that i can get the ota to 181. Can anyone help me with this please? btw, i havent rooted my phone or anything. i only downloaded a leak of this version awhile back. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use this, it'll get you back.

Posted Image

#4 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Not sure what this .174 build is you are talking about but this may help you anyway:

Very fast you are. :)
  • Memnoch73 likes this
Posted Image

#5 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Just a thought but, if you haven't rooted your phone I don't think you would've been able to flash the leak to begin with. There is no .174 so, can you double check which one your on?
Posted Image

#6 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

yeah, i downloaded it awhile ago from here but then it was gone and i never heard anything about it again. thank you though. im going to try that out

#7 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

yeah, i downloaded it awhile ago from here but then it was gone and i never heard anything about it again. thank you though. im going to try that out

Your welcome. Good Luck.
Posted Image

#8 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Now i'm going to sound like an idiot here because I know absolutely nothing about this...but are there step by step instructions to install this?

#9 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Are you referring to using the utility? And no, you do not sound like an idiot, just learning like everyone else has. :)
Posted Image

#10 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

No. I mean for install. I downloaded the zip file and put it onto my sd card. Do I unzip it or is there something else that I need to do to use it

#11 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

If you are referring to the utility, once you open it, it's pretty much self explanatory. It will put you on the latest official OTA @ this time, which is .181. I'm still curious as to which build you are actually on, since there is no 6.12.174.
Posted Image

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

No. I mean for install. I downloaded the zip file and put it onto my sd card. Do I unzip it or is there something else that I need to do to use it

The utility?? That goes on your computer and unzip it

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#13 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

That's what it says. There was supposed to be some update awhile ago to this build I believe but they scrapped it. There was already a leak that I downloaded.

#14 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Ah....ok. So unzip on my computer, not my phone and go from there...

#15 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

By the way, I downloaded the build in January.

#16 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Ah....ok. So unzip on my computer, not my phone and go from there...

Yes, the utility is to be unzipped and installed on your P.C. lol. Now we're getting somewhere. :)
Posted Image

#17 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

How's it going, any luck yet? Matt's utility is great, if gotten a lot if people out of a jam. Matt is a very admirable guy. I just don't see where he gets all the time to do these things for us. I, along with many others surely appreciate his work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk2.
Posted Image

#18 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm just missing something. I haven't figured out how to use it and its bugging me. I'm normally very good with this stuff, but i'm just not getting it. I've downloaded and unzipped the file. I see the text file that tells me to plug in my phone via USB. But there is nothing else. Is it right in front of me and i'm just blind?

#19 mikederay

mikederay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

and i'm sure I'll appreciate his work once Im not retarded and figure it out....

#20 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

If you are referring to the utility, once you open it, it's pretty much self explanatory. It will put you on the latest official OTA @ this time, which is .181. I'm still curious as to which build you are actually on, since there is no 6.12.174.

There was a .174. Also a .175 and .176 if I remember correctly. They were small tweaks to .173, that never got officially released. Instead, they pushed .181.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users