6 replies to this topic

#1 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have a Razr Maxx and I was having extreme difficulties with it dropping Wi-Fi and hanging when trying to do stuff I believe because something messed up when it forced me to do an OTA update to Jelly Bean...  Yes, I know I’m going to get some flaming from people saying, you had a choice bla bla red below if your gunna do that... Anyway something messed up in the OTA update and my old OS was hanging/lagging severely constantly, so I installed safety strap and created a new slot and installed Rage Rom on it.

After installing rage rom and pulling everything off the original I needed, I’m left with a slot that has a crappy jelly bean install that is absolutely worthless on my original slot and I want it gone so I have more space.  I want to move all of my music off of my SD card and put it on my phone so it stops messing up and deleting my play lists randomly since it will read the music as gone then later find it again (I think).  I believe that it is doing this either randomly when it restarts or when it goes from mass storage back to normal when being plugged into a computer.  I only have 1.5 gig of free space left on my phone and it isn't enough for my music which is why I want to delete the slot.

How can I delete the original crappy install from the original slot and put my good Rage Rom install onto the original slot?  I also backed up the original slot and backed up the Rage rom slot.  I tried to activate the original slot and restore it with the backup of the rage rom slot but it just boot cycles after doing that.  No worries restoring it with my backup of the original slot puts it how it was.  What would be the best way to go about my current situation?  I am also having a problem with VOIP (on Rage Rom) everyone hears them self-echo on their cell phone when talking to me unless I use groove ip and tweak it but my tweaks don’t work on my other VOIP aps

(I didn't have a choice in the update, I pulled it out of my pocket one day and it was black and un-responsive and figured I would mess with it later only to find later it updated to Jelly Bean I have always hit NO to the update... every time without exception.)

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Ok..... regardless of taking the update willingly or not..... there have been many cases of issues resulting from the OTA ..... IMO you best bet is to use Matt's utility ....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And revert back to stock, then you can root, safestrap, ROM ...... Also..... you don't really want to overwrite your stock with a custom ROM .... you may end up with more problems .... telekinectically tapped ....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Damn... that's what i was afraid of... I guess ill uninstall everything from it and try to regain space that way.  I was really hoping Rage rom was ok on the stock slot....  can i wipe the internal storage on the phone using safety strap and then run then restore the rage rom slot 1 to get rid of all of the stock phone un-needed crap?  Or will that totally kill my phone?  Im not sure which storage is which since there are so many... what i consider partitions

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

You can if you want, safely wipe both internal storage and external sdcard (make backups to your computer first) .... then once you run the utility and install safestrap .... if you made a backup of your rage ROM then AFAIK you can restore your backup of it and basically pick up where you left off on your ROM ....

.... telekinectically tapped ....

jhf.png

#5 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

My external Storage is a 32GB SD card that has 25 gigs left over.  The problems im having are my playlists keep emptying themselves every few days and its extremely frustrating.  I have tried using the google music player and rocket player.  Every few days the playlists say 0 songs but when i go to look at my media all the songs are still there just the playlists are empty.  I think its the SD card thats causing the problem.  So i wanted to put all my music on my phone.  Because of that i dont really want to wipe the external storage since all it will do is wipe my SD card. 

I am also having the problem with echo on VOIP aps.  do you have any suggestionsfor that?  I use text free as my other VOIP ap and never had a problem to switching to Rage Rom.

also now that i have wiped my internal storage i can no longer connect my phone to my computer.  It just says the device malfunctioned

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

So you have approx 7gb of music on external? .... you are better off to leave it on external because you will not have any room left on internal (if it all fits to begin with).... you would end constantly getting the "low storage" notification.....

You can still wipe external but I would backup your music first... there could be some data somewhere simply not playing nice .....

Maybe try uninstalling the music app and reinstalling it (wipe cache and dalvik cache after uninstall) ....

As far as the VoIP .... I'm not too sure on that issue as I don't use it .....

All the issues may also be caused by the "weird acting" stock side (even tho you are running custom ROM )

.... telekinectically tapped ....

jhf.png

#7 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

i only have 2 gigs of music and 1.5 gigs of free space on the phone when i plug it into the computer according to windows

*edit*  wow now im totally screwed.  After wiping internal storge and restoring rage rom  on slot 1 it will not boot at all it just sits there black... i have tried to restore from backup multiple times now... what the crap?

*edit 2* I did a couple factory resets and it finally fixed everything.  From there i could restore from my backup and make my phone work.  

But im still having VOIP problems does anyone have any suggestions?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VOIP, Safety Strap, Rom, Rage rom, Bacon, Razr Maxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users