Photo
- - - - -

Issues with my Razr M....

Best Answer Memnoch73 , 01 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

I already deleted your other thread. It's better here as Help is more of a my phone is not working at all section. I would suggest grabbing the Utility and starting fresh with that.

Utility HERE

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I know there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews and issues concerning this model, I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones, but no... I'm having some issues.  The worst one, is that every time I leave it on the charger over night, it freezes, and i have to do a force reboot to get it to turn back on.  The second issue I've noticed lately, is that sometimes when I turn the volume up for the ringer, it somehow turns the ear piece volume up or down instead.  The second issue is tolerable, but the charging issue I need to figure out soon.  Are these common issues? Any fixes?

I have had my Razr M for about a month now.  I bought it mainly because of it's size.  I really don't want a different model, nor do I want Verizon to replace it with a refurbished one.  

It is rooted and unlocked, and I honestly don't know if it had these issues before I did the work on it or not.  I haven't really done much to the phone except unlocking the bootloader and the CWM recovery.  I've tried resetting the phone a couple times, no changes.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

#2 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Mods please delete thread, wrong category. 

Sorry.

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 PM   Best Answer

I already deleted your other thread. It's better here as Help is more of a my phone is not working at all section. I would suggest grabbing the Utility and starting fresh with that.

Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

I had the same issue with my M. Nothing fixed it . Utility or different roms. It would very randomly freeze overnight. I went on motos website and a few other people had the same issue but not enough for moto to fix it .

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Perhaps a kernel issue? 

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 pov

pov

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I had the charging issue before on stock ROM.. But sometime after I installed my first ROM and now it stopped. Instead if the hone is off and I charge it from outlet the battery changing animation s gone and a static screen from old TVs is there, not sure if it charges or not. And always have to hard reset when it happens.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#7 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

I know there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews and issues concerning this model, I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones, but no... I'm having some issues.  The worst one, is that every time I leave it on the charger over night, it freezes, and i have to do a force reboot to get it to turn back on.  The second issue I've noticed lately, is that sometimes when I turn the volume up for the ringer, it somehow turns the ear piece volume up or down instead.  The second issue is tolerable, but the charging issue I need to figure out soon.  Are these common issues? Any fixes?

I have had my Razr M for about a month now.  I bought it mainly because of it's size.  I really don't want a different model, nor do I want Verizon to replace it with a refurbished one.  

It is rooted and unlocked, and I honestly don't know if it had these issues before I did the work on it or not.  I haven't really done much to the phone except unlocking the bootloader and the CWM recovery.  I've tried resetting the phone a couple times, no changes.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

is USB debugging enabled or disabled?  how are you charging it (outlet or CPU), and what cord or you using to charge (the one that came with the phone, or a generic one)?

for best results, try enabling USB debugging, plug the phone into an outlet using the cord that came with the phone.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#8 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks for the advice.  I used option 1 of the utility last night. I figured it was worth a shot. It seemed to do a better and thorough job of wiping my phone and starting over.  I also went with the TWRP recovery instead of the CWM.   So far so good.  My phone turned on just fine this morning after being on the charger all night.  I'll see how it does over the next couple of days.  

is USB debugging enabled or disabled?  how are you charging it (outlet or CPU), and what cord or you using to charge (the one that came with the phone, or a generic one)?

for best results, try enabling USB debugging, plug the phone into an outlet using the cord that came with the phone.

I tried 3 different chargers including the one that came with it.  I don't believe it's a charger or charge method issue.  I was able to get it to function properly (so far), as mentioned above,  We'll see what happens over the next few days.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

#9 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I used option 1 of the utility last night. I figured it was worth a shot. It seemed to do a better and thorough job of wiping my phone and starting over.  I also went with the TWRP recovery instead of the CWM.   So far so good.  My phone turned on just fine this morning after being on the charger all night.  I'll see how it does over the next couple of days.  

I tried 3 different chargers including the one that came with it.  I don't believe it's a charger or charge method issue.  I was able to get it to function properly (so far), as mentioned above,  We'll see what happens over the next few days.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

I used to be a nay-sayer on charging cords, but i've changed my tune.  not all cords/adapters transfer the charge properly to the device in the same manner (different voltages, etc).  so that's why it's best to stick with the one that came with your device for charging purposes.

also, your battery stats could be out of sorts.  I used to recommend using a battery calibrator, but now I subscribe to the notion of letting your phone die completely, then re-charging completely, letting it die again, and then another full charge.  this will allow the battery stats to cache up properly and give a more accurate reading.

• neckchop likes this

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#10 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

It looks like reflashing the stock rom fixed the issues.  Thanks for all the help.

• neckchop likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users