Photo

Phone is extremely slow, even after flashing CM10.1

Best Answer steelystan , 02 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I fixed it, I think. I rebooted my phone, which I haven't done since updating to CM10.1, and it's currently running smooth with 336MB free RAM. It was getting so hosed up that the homescreen wouldn't load and even the lockscreen was only half loaded. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steelystan

steelystan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

I was having issues with my Maxx HD before flashing CM10.1 on it. Whenever I would be using an app for an extended period of time (maybe 10+ minutes) then press the home screen it sometimes, not always, takes up to 5 seconds load all my icons. Also, when I load the app drawer it can take up to 15 seconds to load all my app icons. I figured this might not be an issue once I wipe everything and install CM10.1 but it's still happening. CM10.1 seems to be working great and other than this issue I haven't had any problems at all (GPS, data, camera, bluetooth, etc...). I've gone into settings > apps and checked the running apps tab and, more often than not, it's showing only 0.75 MB to 10 MB of free RAM.

Could this be what's causing my phone to act so incredibly slow? I've searched but have been unable to find many, if any, other people complaining about the same issue. I've also tried clearing the Dalvik cache through Titan Backup but it only clears 4 MB of cache and nothing changes. 

Another thing that I've recently noticed is that in the running apps tab in settings it shows many of my apps as "restarting".

Thanks.

#2 steelystan

steelystan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:11 AM   Best Answer

I fixed it, I think. I rebooted my phone, which I haven't done since updating to CM10.1, and it's currently running smooth with 336MB free RAM. It was getting so hosed up that the homescreen wouldn't load and even the lockscreen was only half loaded. 

#3 steelystan

steelystan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thanks!

• shane1 likes this

#4 steelystan

steelystan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

You're welcome you sexy beast.

• shane1 likes this

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Lol... Glad we could help.  :p

It's an electronic device always ALWAYS reboot before deeper troubleshooting.  ;)

In all seriousness glad you got it. Worst case you can always start fresh with the Utility.

• steelystan likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users