drp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I am new to this forum and new to android forum. And I come across this problem I hope someone can help me out. 

I recently purchased unlocked Motorola Razr M (xt907) with 4.1.2. I just rooted my phone successfully. I am planning to use my pre paid GSM service from Lycamobile (lycamobile.us). So once rooted, I have inserted my lycamobile sim and and after error message (Sim from another...) I can see  "lycamobile" on my screen. I can able to make and receive calls without any problem but now I can not able to send and text messages. I called lycamobile and motorola customer service but no help.

Here what I did . UnderMobile network, I did APN settling (they are fine, I can able to use data and surf the website) and under "network operator",-  "Search network", I have successfully connected to Lycamobile 3G(310-410). With this set up I can able to receive the text messages but I can not able to send any messages from my this SIM. 

Also, Under setting- about phone--- status--- I can see Lycamobile under network but under "mobile network" it says disconneected.

I love this phone but if I can not able to resolve this problem than I might have to return it. So please help.

Thanks in advance.

#2 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

not really sure if this helps, as I know nothing about the network you mentioned, but here are 2 options:

1.) you cannot send/receive pic/video messages while on wifi, so if you are connected via wifi, try disconnecting first and see if you can send the messages that way

2.) try clearing out data/cache for the messaging app

another source would be to download and install Google Voice (free on the play store).  see if you can send/receive message via that app.  it's a great app (you'll even get to pick an alternative phone number, but still get messages/calls on both numbers).

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#3 drp

drp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Thanks your help. I already did the second step yesterday but no luck. I also tried downloading google voice but it was failed verifying my number. My number was not showing up in the settling. It is like +1-000-000-000.... even I alerady have lyca number and currently using the same number for calling. I guess nothing wrong with the phone but issues with carrier. I will try to switch the carrier and see..

I was using same SIM card with my old Sony Xperia Lt28at and I could able to text withount any problem. Do you think there must be problem with hardware or software?

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users