#41 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

pot, meet kettle.

Would you care to elaborate? I have not made any insults towards anyone here. The one and only thing that i said is if all else fails, send me a pm and i would be happy to help.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard WiFi (XOOM 2 ME)
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#42 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

damn i thought i was on XDA for a minute, to busy pissing and moning about search this or search that when you could of just help the guy out to start with. just because you are smart or know a lot about the razr doesn't give you the right to be an gluteus.

I usually stay out of things like this but have to agree with the concept of what you are saying, - the a$@hole part, lol.

If a question is asked and a simple search was enough why not say "I did a quick search and found this" and provide a link to where he needs to go. If its a mod give the link and close the thread. Other wise why post anything? They might get the message and eventually keep searching and find what they need.

I don't post any questions and if am looking for an answer to something I wait for some poor brave soul to ask and usually someone will answer (after the flaming if any, lol). Past experience from other forums has taught this lesson to me. Sad to say but true.

There are two sides to every story and although the name calling by the OP is uncalled for sometimes we have to rise up and be the better person and set an example for others. Remember, there are new members here and are nervous about asking questions and things like this will tend to enforce those fears and may never ask questions, kind of like how I was and still am to a point.

JMHO :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • The Kid likes this

#43 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

I usually stay out of things like this but have to agree with the concept of what you are saying, - the a$@hole part, lol.

If a question is asked and a simple search was enough why not say "I did a quick search and found this" and provide a link to where he needs to go. If its a mod give the link and close the thread. Other wise why post anything? They might get the message and eventually keep searching and find what they need.

I don't post any questions and if am looking for an answer to something I wait for some poor brave soul to ask and usually someone will answer (after the flaming if any, lol). Past experience from other forums has taught this lesson to me. Sad to say but true.

There are two sides to every story and although the name calling by the OP is uncalled for sometimes we have to rise up and be the better person and set an example for others. Remember, there are new members here and are nervous about asking questions and things like this will tend to enforce those fears and may never ask questions, kind of like how I was and still am to a point.

JMHO :)

very goof point
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#44 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

or you could help them if you are that concerned

if i knew the answer i would help him
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#45 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

This was my first Moto device as I have been using HTC's since the G1. This community is the best out there. For knowledge and help. Before I ever even attempted to do anything with my Razr I went through as many posts as I could. If I couldn't find what I was looking for then I would ask. IMO the largest part stems from people buying a phone, jumping on this site, seeing a leak, and think they don't have to put in any work to figure out what to do. That everyone will drop what they're doing to help someone who doesn't want to do the research. For instance I read in a post today for one of the leaks where someone asked what does "no fastboot" mean. If you don't know what that means you really shouldn't be messing with your phone at this level. (without doing the research). I can't tell you how many times I've tried searching a thread for an answer for something only to have to go through 5 pages of questions where the answer was in the OP. Someone said it earlier, its just laziness. If you don't have the time to read about your phone then you shouldn't take the time to mess with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • beeryooper and Pyrotech72 like this

#46 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

This was my first Moto device as I have been using HTC's since the G1. This community is the best out there. For knowledge and help. Before I ever even attempted to do anything with my Razr I went through as many posts as I could. If I couldn't find what I was looking for then I would ask. IMO the largest part stems from people buying a phone, jumping on this site, seeing a leak, and think they don't have to put in any work to figure out what to do. That everyone will drop what they're doing to help someone who doesn't want to do the research. For instance I read in a post today for one of the leaks where someone asked what does "no fastboot" mean. If you don't know what that means you really shouldn't be messing with your phone at this level. (without doing the research). I can't tell you how many times I've tried searching a thread for an answer for something only to have to go through 5 pages of questions where the answer was in the OP. Someone said it earlier, its just laziness. If you don't have the time to read about your phone then you shouldn't take the time to mess with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Agreed!

We all know the old saying, "give a Mann a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish...."

I knower this is not exactly the same but close enough. When someone is asking for answers to basic questions, i see nothing wrong with other users telling them to look it up.

My kids do it all the time. They are reading a book or something for school and they will ask me what a word means. Sure i could tell them, but i don't. I tell them, "you know where the dictionary is", or "you are sitting at the computer, look it up."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  • Pyrotech72 likes this

#47 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

if i knew the answer i would help him

That's good to know. So these people asking when ics will be out, or what fastboot is, or why when they tried to flash the .79 ics leak from a base install not .181, you'll be there to help. considering i haven't seen you post on any of these items, I'm not sure why you are defending these people.

#48 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

That's good to know. So these people asking when ics will be out, or what fastboot is, or why when they tried to flash the .79 ics leak from a base install not .181, you'll be there to help. considering i haven't seen you post on any of these items, I'm not sure why you are defending these people.

i haven't had a razr is about a month but i help with what i can, the reason i am defending them is because i remember how it was when i was a newbie
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#49 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Everyone has spoken up and voiced their opinions.

Mods, just go ahead and lock when you're ready. I'd lock it if I could, but I can't.

Let's move on.

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#50 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Mods, just go ahead and lock when you're ready. I'd lock it if I could, but I can't.

Let's move on.

+1

#51 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Let's move on.

+1

Wait.........wait!!!!!!!!! I haven't got my $.02 in yet, OK I'm done.

#52 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

i haven't had a razr is about a month but i help with what i can, the reason i am defending them is because i remember how it was when i was a newbie

I understand. I've only had my phone since early december, but I know better then to post simple questions in the forums I took time to read and research before I did anything to my phone. what bothers me are people asking simple questions like what is fastboot and how do I flash this leak. All these questions have been answered in detail somewhere.

#53 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

id say this is quiet enough.. have a nice day.. sorry you had some issues hopefully your future experience is better
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#54 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm sure that we can voice our opinions without throwing insults at each other so lets please keep it civil.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard WiFi (XOOM 2 ME)

Agreed.

If this senseless thread keeps getting out of hand. Lock the thread down thatch

#55 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dave,

It was already locked when you replied lol :P

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#56 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Dave,

It was already locked when you replied lol :P

Lol shhh no one else noticed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users