Photo

Washed my bionic got a Razr any hope for my back ups?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kstren8040

kstren8040

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Ok so I dropped by Bionic in the washing machine. It turns on and boots up and everything but as soon as I unlock it, the phone starts sketching out and says USB panic mode and shuts off. My safe strap and everything works completely fine. When I filed the claim with Asurance they would only send me a RAZR. So my question is is there any way to get all my pictures and apps off my old bionic and onto a razr? Can I just install my back up from the bionic onto the razr? Also had a gallery lock on there is there any hope for the pictures saved in that?

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

First thing to do is shut it down, take battery, SD card, and SIM card out and put everything in a bag or box of dry rice (submerged).  Leave it there for a couple of days.  The rice should pull the moisture out.  As for your pix - were they on external SD card?  If it's not irreparably damaged you can just pop that into your Razr and they might be readable.  If they weren't, see what happens when you connect your Bionic to your computer after it dries out - might be able to make a copy of pix and copy them back to Razr if they're accessible.

When you fire up your Razr and sign in, your apps should automatically download.  

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users