• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Can other android devices use safestrap like the S4 for example

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Why would one use SafeStrap on an S4?  Just unlock it and use CWM or TWRP.

• rickw, usmcamgrimm and jl90 like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Um right... is the OP looking for the flexibility of switching back and forth between ROM slots?  The reason SS was created was to bypass the locked bootloader...

• rickw and kellym like this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Although it does seem a bit redundant, I've wondered this myself, or if there was a hot-swap like recovery for other devices. The purpose of SS was indeed to bypass the locked boot-loader on Moto devices, but from it came a pretty nifty use as well.

Idea rant : you may find that simply scripting some actions to quickly swap out ROMs to be more useful/purposeful. Have a few scripts that run a backup of the current rom, then points to a directory like /sd-ext/romslots/slot1 and restore a backup that sits there. You could run scripts to pop in and out "rom slots" of any number, provided you have space on the storage device.

(I only assume this should be possible, due to seeing actions in apps like jrummys rom-tool box for running backups, restoring roms, etc.. I'm actually about to go bury myself in google searches to find more info :p  )

for TWRP 2.1 and higher - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

CWMR uses "extendedcommands", but there were issues with encryption, etc. Popularity shifted to TWRP, but it's possible to use CWMR for scripting if wanted I suppose.

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

In all honesty, jumping between ROMs is really easy on TWRP or CWM.  Restoring my backups takes about 240secs on average.  At one point, I've run 3-4 ROMs in just the span of a few days.

• neckchop likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users