#1 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Heya. I wanted to grab some input if anyone is running any setups like this.

I faintly remember running ICS kexec ROMS while having the GB moto bases installed, and there were problems regarding data connectivity, camera, and other, minor issues.

Has anyone experienced issues at all running a JB kexec ROM while having a ICS moto base still installed?

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,130 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

It works just fine - I ran kexec-based CM10.1, AOKP and LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.2 ROMs while on ICS base.  Then I upgraded to JB and continued to run them... data works, bluetooth works, camera works.  Some have reported issues with GPS lock (fixed by booting into stock, firing up GPS and then going back to other ROM) and MMS not sending through stock messaging (I think fixed by sending from Go or Handcent and then going back to stock messaging). 

edit - just saw from your profile you're on .232 - note that if you want to upgrade to JB (you should, has some new features) it won't work OTA.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Cool, good to hear, I've actually started playing with Carbon ROM (hence why I made this post, but figured I'd try it first hand as well).

But yea, I haven't found any bugginess so far, although I haven't tried GPS or MMS yet, will have to do that..

And yes, I am aware I'm off OTA path. 232 was the last (or close to last) leak that could go back to GB moto base, so I stayed here.

Flashing back to GB has helped in getting my old MAC address back after flashing ICS ROMs. If JB kexec on ICS base works out well enough, I'd still consider no reason for me to move ;P

BTW, you mention new features on the JB upgrade.. the new features are only apparent inside the stock ROM, correct? I wouldn't think I'd be missing out on any features if I'm not running stock ROM, but I've been wrong before :)

#4 nitephlight

nitephlight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

we didn't get anything worth while with the JB update- no built in toggles OR moto quick settings. on stock JB kernel feels a bit more slick but hard to say. chrome still permastuns me, so hopes have died. id go back to GB if i could and fire up webuntu. this phone is EOL unfortunately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users