#1 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hey All,

I made the mistake of trusting someone who said they knew what they were doing.  I had a rooted droid razr running an old version of safestrap.  I wanted to get things updated since gapps had stopped working so he tried to update safestrap to the latest version in order to install a new rom.  I am not sure what he did but the result is I know have a phone that can power on to safestrap but wont actually go past that to boot what I am assuming is the rom.  

When the phone is turned on it goes to safestrap disabled.  I press menu for recovery and under boot options it says stock rom is active.   None of the other boot options have anything in them.  I hit reboot and press nothing when safestrap disabled pops up...

Sorry if any of this is unclear.  If there is any additional info that will help you understand what is going on here please let me know.

P.S.  I see an option under wipe that says factory settings...I was tempted to press it but figured I would ask you guys first.  I wouldn't mind going back to the stock phone...I just need my phone back :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sounds like all your ROMs are wiped... including stock..... I would run Matt's utility and restore stock..... then you can root... and install safestrap.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You said he was "updating you phone" were you already updated to JB or were you still on ICS ? .... The newest utility will completely (and safely) update your phone and safestrap .... telekinectically tapped ....
  • rickw likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

dumb question first, did you ask your friend what s/he did?  What happens if you go past the safestrap screen and let it attempt to boot?  "Safestrap Disabled" means it's set to boot into stock.  Did you try going into Boot Options, selecting another ROM slot and seeing if that boots?

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Sounds like all your ROMs are wiped... including stock..... I would run Matt's utility and restore stock..... then you can root... and install safestrap.....

You said he was "updating you phone" were you already updated to JB or were you still on ICS ? .... The newest utility will completely (and safely) update your phone and safestrap .... telekinectically tapped ....

I think this sounds about right.  I originally rooted the phone myself because jellybean was not yet offered for the razr and I wanted it so I am pretty sure I have it.  Ill give this utility a try and let you know the results.  Thanks!

dumb question first, did you ask your friend what s/he did?  What happens if you go past the safestrap screen and let it attempt to boot?  "Safestrap Disabled" means it's set to boot into stock.  Did you try going into Boot Options, selecting another ROM slot and seeing if that boots?

I did ask.  He said something about how he installed it on the wrong spot and basically wrote over the "stock" version and the other rom that I had didnt work with the updated version of safestrap.  He was doing me a favor so I cant really get too pissed at him I guess...

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I wouldn't let him do me any more favors.... LOL ...

.... telekinectically tapped ....

• jl90 likes this

jhf.png

#6 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

OK quick question here...the only way for me to know the phone is on is to go into the menu when safestrap loads.  Can I run the utility from the safestrap menu?  

Also not sure how to tell how much battery I have left.  The utility warns against using it with low battery so I want to make sure  im not going to screw this thing more than it already is.

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

The utility runs from APFastboot mode anyway...so only being able to boot to safestrap is not a concern...... I would power off and plug into wall charger.... that should show you how much charge you have .... absolutely don't take chances on a low battery .... :)

jhf.png

#8 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I am powered off and not seeing any battery info...is there a way to see it through safestrap?

EDIT: also plugged into wall outlet lol..should have mentioned that.

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Powered off , plugged in and tapped your power button and nothing? That's not good.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Powered off , plugged in and tapped your power button and nothing? That's not good.

Solved the issue...was using a unapproved usbmini.  It works now.

I cant seem to figure out how to get into APFastboot.  Tried holding volume up down and power buttons but that just restarts, it goes into safestrap and then nothing....the Razr utility doesnt seem to "see"my phone

#11 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Have you installed the Motorola drivers?

And from power off... hold vol down vol up and power.... a menu should come up use vol down to highlight fastboot and vol up to select it.....

jhf.png

#12 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hold the vol up and down then press the pwr like your turning it on but keep holding the vol buttons. Sometimes if you continue to hold the pwr it just boots.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#13 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thank God for 912 All In One Utility...The Utility that brings Great Things to Life...

;) Boot Baby Boot ;) Works every time...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#14 pickel182

pickel182

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Just wanted to check back in with all of you.  Was able to get the phone into AP fastboot (Holding down the power button too long was the issue)  From there it was easy peasy to flash the stock jellybean rom and my phone is working again!

THANKS!!

• livinginkaos likes this

#15 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Great!!! :)

jhf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users