27 replies to this topic

#1 JDCat3

JDCat3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I was running the latest ICS leak. I tried to restore my phone to stock using Matt's utility 1.51. I am getting errors when I am trying to flash my phone.Verizon is my carrier. The errors I am getting are when I try to flash boot.img and recovery .img "writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure,writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failure" I tried using RSD lite and it always bombs out with an error "Failed flashing process.Failed flashing process. 6/21 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; phone connected" Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

The latest ics leak is NOT fastbootable which means you can't go back with RSD or matts utility. You have to side load the ics leak with kboss method to get back the ics leak but for now you are stuck :(

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#3 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I was running the latest ICS leak. I tried to restore my phone to stock using Matt's utility 1.51. I am getting errors when I am trying to flash my phone.Verizon is my carrier. The errors I am getting are when I try to flash boot.img and recovery .img "writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure,writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failure" I tried using RSD lite and it always bombs out with an error "Failed flashing process.Failed flashing process. 6/21 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; phone connected" Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm curious if you flashed .84 or above, did you read any of the warnings or threads saying how you would be stuck? If you flashed .75 or .79, this would be different. When you say "latest" what build did you flash?

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

You failed to read, and now you're softbricked. If you flashed the "latest" leak which would be either .204 or .206 then you are stuck.

#5 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Follow this thread but substitute the leaked files with the ones you flashed. This should get you running again with the same leaked version.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Follow this thread but substitute the leaked files with the ones you flashed. This should get you running again with the same leaked version.

You sure that works for the latest leaks?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#7 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Thx superlaxx for being the only one to post the link to help this guy get unbricked. I'm all for lecturing about not reading but he's soft bricked and that's a stressful situation if you don't know why or what to do, it's not hard to post a link after you lecture the guy.

The thread superlaxx linked to should get you booted back into the leak you originally flashed. His instructions to substitute the file are right on. Let us know if you have problems.

A word of advice, act quickly. Your battery will die quickly while in fastboot and recovery. Without enough charge, you'll be forced to make a direct power cable. Not fun.

Good luck bro. You can do it. Don't panic. Just follow the instructions in kboss's thread and you should be just fine.

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

I posted what I did because I haven't seen 1 confirmation on that working for any builds other than .84 and .85.

#9 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

I posted what I did because I haven't seen 1 confirmation on that working for any builds other than .84 and .85.

Oh... I thought it worked on all the ICS leaks. Well I reckon we just ourselves a new tester... lol

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work so hopefully it'll work for the OP

[ sent from _base2 ]

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Oh... I thought it worked on all the ICS leaks. Well I reckon we just ourselves a new tester... lol

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work so hopefully it'll work for the OP

It very well might work, I just haven't heard of anyone doing it.

#11 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

People are claiming that they can sideload any of the leaks after softbricking so I think this method will also still work.

Nothing to lose by trying.

#12 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Fair enough. I suppose we'll find out soon. No worries. Didnt mean to come off like i was trying to blast anyone. I thought kboss's method worked for all the leaks so I was the one that was wrong.

I'm really tired. It's been a really long day so I apologize. Good luck to the OP

[ sent from _base2 ]

#13 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Fair enough. I suppose we'll find out soon. No worries. Didnt mean to come off like i was trying to blast anyone. I thought kboss's method worked for all the leaks so I was the one that was wrong.

I'm really tired. It's been a really long day so I apologize. Good luck to the OP

Its OK, sorry if I came off as a Debbie downer lol.

#14 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Its OK, sorry if I came off as a Debbie downer lol.

lol nah man you're good. Im just exhausted. I'll stop now before I do any damage and start recommending people to fastboot off of the leaks lol

[ sent from _base2 ]

#15 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

thanks to base and super for tryin to help, but imo its hard to offer a solution or point them in the right direction without knowing what build they were on to begin with. based on the errors they got, I'm going to assume it was 84/85 or 204/206 and they are stuck. if that's the case, they should have taken 5 minutes to read the warnings and issues. If its .75 or .79, obviously we can point them to a solution right?

#16 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Thx superlaxx for being the only one to post the link to help this guy get unbricked. I'm all for lecturing about not reading but he's soft bricked and that's a stressful situation if you don't know why or what to do, it's not hard to post a link after you lecture the guy.

The thread superlaxx linked to should get you booted back into the leak you originally flashed. His instructions to substitute the file are right on. Let us know if you have problems.

A word of advice, act quickly. Your battery will die quickly while in fastboot and recovery. Without enough charge, you'll be forced to make a direct power cable. Not fun.

Good luck bro. You can do it. Don't panic. Just follow the instructions in kboss's thread and you should be just fine.

I had to make one when I bricked about 2 months ago on Gingerbread -- I had just bought a house (had an apartment for 2 years) and hadn't retrieved my soldering gear from my parents house. However, I've discovered (yes this is going to sound stupidly ghetto, but it works) that you can cut open the stock Motorola cable that comes with the phone, break off the metal housing and cut away the inner plastic to reveal the contacts, then bend a paperclip (very carefully) and tape it down on the right contacts to make a bridge. It got me out of trouble, and I don't recommend this as a go to by default, only as a last resort. I also heard that someone else did the same thing with a staple to get their phone back up and running.

I agree that getting softbricked is very un-nerving even for seasoned Android veterans.
  • canezila likes this

#17 JDCat3

JDCat3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thank You for the responses, I am going to try to re-flash my razr now.

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Btw..if you were coming from a leak newer than 79, follow this thread. You may a well go for the latest (206).

#19 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Btw..if you were coming from a leak newer than 79, follow this thread. You may a well go for the latest (206).

Exactamundo duder! I'm gonna get some Dessert Island on my done tomorrow! lol that's my codename for 206 :)

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#20 JDCat3

JDCat3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

My razr flashed ok but when it rebooted it went directly to fastboot with an error at the botton. The error says" Invalid CG HAB (CG: boot , status: 0X004E) Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users