5 replies to this topic

#1 Walsh_0311

Walsh_0311

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have had no luck finding a thread which will help me...with links for the downloads that actually still work..I am rooted and safestrap is installed..

I'm trying to factory reset my phone to right out of the box status..

I've tried getting into recovery mode and flashing the file off of the SD card, which I've done before, but not I get the robot with the red exclamation point.. I've read threads which state you can push both volume buttons to remedy this, which still doesn't work.

I've never used ABD and am not sure what that is. I've tried to use the RSD and matt's utility and matts utility Opt 1 wouldn't work. My phone was in ap fastboot, drivers installed and debugging was enabled..I pressed enter and it didn't recognize the phone..

I'm lost and need some guidance please.

#2 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Matt's all in one utility shouldn't have any problems. After booting into AP fastboot and with your phone plugged into your computer, did your computer install drivers? What type of USB are you using? Don't use USB3.0.

I think using Matt's utility is probably the best way to get your phone back to stock.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#3 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have had no luck finding a thread which will help me...with links for the downloads that actually still work..I am rooted and safestrap is installed..

I'm trying to factory reset my phone to right out of the box status..

I've tried getting into recovery mode and flashing the file off of the SD card, which I've done before, but not I get the robot with the red exclamation point.. I've read threads which state you can push both volume buttons to remedy this, which still doesn't work.

I've never used ABD and am not sure what that is. I've tried to use the RSD and matt's utility and matts utility Opt 1 wouldn't work. My phone was in ap fastboot, drivers installed and debugging was enabled..I pressed enter and it didn't recognize the phone..

I'm lost and need some guidance please.

I will also jump in the chat room if you want immediate help.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Also make sure you have fully extracted the utility from the zip file using WinRar. Other have had issues using 7-zip

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

have you tried rebooting your pc?  I had similar issues and that was the fix.  Also maybe a different one.

#6 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

We got him sorted in the chat room. We used Matt's utility, extracted and installed drivers. Phone was put into USB debugging and everything went fine.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• neckchop, Memnoch73 and rickw like this

bWyLE9l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users