Photo

Need help with the camcorder app on Elemental X?

Elemental X

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 propaganda1995

propaganda1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hello everyone!

First off I'm new to all of this so please go easy on me. 

I recently flashed the elemental x rom to my droid razr hd. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT for the camcorder. Every time i try to take a video in any app the phone will freeze and i will have to restart it. I;m a little confused as to what is wrong because when i go to the app drawer I can see a camera app but then if i go under (settings > apps > all applications) it doesn't show any camera app. Only the gallery app. Also if i click and hold on to the camera app while in the app drawer and drag it up under app info, it will direct me to the gallery app.

Ill show you what I mean.

This is what my phone shows in the app draw. As you can see the camera app is clearly there:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

142.85KB   17 downloads

This is what my phone shows under the all applications list under settings. No camera app at all:

239.59KB   17 downloads

When I long click on the camera application under the app drawer and drag it into app settings (shown here):

287.7KB   17 downloads

It will direct me to the gallery information (shown here):

220.94KB   17 downloads

Im very confused as to why this is happening.The act of taking a picture under this "camera app" works but when i try to take a video it crashes. What im thinking is that the gallery app has the ability to take a picture so it can preform that function but when i go to take a video it actually needs the camera app. But then why is the phone showing me a camera app that doesnt exist?!

Anyone one have any ideas that could help??? Im really stuck.

Thanks!! :D  :D  :D

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

There is no camera app. All cameras are packed in with the gallery.apk. This is why you do not see a separate camera in your app manager. This is just the way Android/google builds their cameras and galleries. As for why your camcorder does not work. I am not familiar with the ROM you are using but that is a common problem with custom roms depending on their source build and often times is kernel related. I suggest you look through the thread for that ROM and see what others are saying about taking video. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#3 propaganda1995

propaganda1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

There is no camera app. All cameras are packed in with the gallery.apk. This is why you do not see a separate camera in your app manager. This is just the way Android/google builds their cameras and galleries. As for why your camcorder does not work. I am not familiar with the ROM you are using but that is a common problem with custom roms depending on their source build and often times is kernel related. I suggest you look through the thread for that ROM and see what others are saying about taking video. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Alright I will do that. Thanks for the info it really helps!!

#4 threewest

threewest

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Look into Eclipse AOSP because Elemental X for the XT926 is no longer supported.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users