• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have been using the utility and motoacop for everything and keep running into this 

Press any key to continue . . .
[*] Displaying bootloader variables:
version-bootloader: 109B(*)
product: smq
secure: yes
mid: 0058
version: 0.5
serialno: 9900xxxxxxxxxx
qe: qe 1/1
unlocked: no
iswarrantyvoid: no
max-download-size: 31457280
emmc-size: 8GB
reason: Reboot to bootloader
revision-hardware: 0x82A0
cpu: MSM8960 CS
uid: C9261C0102000100000000000000
cid: 0x02
all:
finished. total time: 0.027s

I have root access 

• CamBud likes this

#2 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

frist this "serialno: 9900xxxxxxxxxx" should have been posted like that u might wanna edit

second did u install the update that just rolled out?

• jimmyw013 likes this

#3 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I did but I used mike utility to downgrade, my phone is on and I have the dl for the update just stalled out.

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Are running this from fastboot or are from inside the OS? 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

trying both actually, using the mike 1.20 utility to enter fastboot, and then ab mode and there it says I am still locked.

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Both the root exploit and unlock exploit require you to be booted into the OS. 

Number 5 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

• jimmyw013 likes this

#7 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Both the root exploit and unlock exploit require you to be booted into the OS. 

can you explain how to make 6 work, I install it and make sure it  has su, and then what, soft reset or turn off and on or what? Because I tried both of them or what do I need to do? I think i might be having a noob moment or I just have a annoying fun lol

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

can you explain how to make 6 work, I install it and make sure it  has su, and then what, soft reset or turn off and on or what? Because I tried both of them or what do I need to do? I think i might be having a noob moment or I just have a annoying fun lol

Assuming the root worked, you'll need to reboot and get Superuser to take hold.  It's been a while since I've run it, and I'm at work, so I can't open the utility.  Hopefully, someone else will chime in.  However, I do remember having to run the exploit a couple of times.  Why?  Because the utility would sit and run for a few minutes and then stop.  I never noticed the pop-up box that was coming up on my phone, asking for root access to ADB.  I woke up the phone while I was running the utility the third time and noticed the pop-up.  I granted access and it went quick after that.  I re-booted and the bootloader unlocked warning message came up, so I knew I was good.

• jimmyw013 likes this

#9 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'll reload it on my phone, bc root did work, and I'll let it sit over night and see what happens bc it is late out here for my time zone 

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'll reload it on my phone, bc root did work, and I'll let it sit over night and see what happens bc it is late out here for my time zone 

I wouldn't let it sit overnight.  Just try again when you have time.  Letting it sit while modifying has led to soft bricks.  I've heard too many stories about people falling asleep during a ROM install, and waking up to a soft brick.

• jl90 likes this

#11 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

alright then, I'll try it a few times and see what happens if it doesn't work then i'll try again in the morning 

#12 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

alright then, I'll try it a few times and see what happens if it doesn't work then i'll try again in the morning 

Cool, let us know if or when you get it.

#13 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

well nothing yet, installed and made sure it had su and restarted it a few times and still getting the m, is it okay that when i do go to bootloader it says locked and status 0

#14 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

That's saying your bootloader is still locked.  Try using the actual unlock tool, instead of the utility.  Also, download a root checker app to make sure you do have root access.  

Unlock tool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#15 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Rik has a very good point.  If you don't have successful root, you won't be able to apply the unlock.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#16 jimmyw013

jimmyw013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'll re-download the tool and try a fresh copy, heck I'll even put up screen shots later saying I am following these I swear, I'm not yanking y'alls chains.

#17 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

I'll re-download the tool and try a fresh copy, heck I'll even put up screen shots later saying I am following these I swear, I'm not yanking y'alls chains.

I don't think you're yanking our chains, we're just trying to figure out what's going on. 

• jimmyw013 likes this

#18 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Rik has a very good point. If you don't have successful root, you won't be able to apply the unlock.

I seem to remember folks having issues even with root access because their su binaries weren't up to date. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? I'm working so I don't have time to search through the threads to confirm...

#19 romma1

romma1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

This is what I have been working on... It sounds similar. Phone is rooted: 

Need some help please. I am rooting a friends Razr M (I have already done this to my phone several months ago)... I cannot get the bootloader to unlock using the tool. SU permisiions granted according to the script that comes up. Any thoughts or a fix?

#20 romma1

romma1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

I am not having a binary issue. Permission was granted for Bootloader unlock and rootchecker as well. No outdated binary script appeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users